What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The excellent Dry Cleaning, New Long Leg. Great basslines!

6 Likes

Now playing

Beth Whitney - Into The Ground

Hard to categorize this one. A bit of folk,some Americana,a pinch of pop. All blended together in an album that’s well worth a listen. Beautiful voice imho.

1 Like

Third World - 96° In The Shade.

Inspired by the hot weather, and knowing how lucky I am to enjoy it.

10 Likes

6 Likes

A bit of Led Zep to get the evening going

29 Likes

Warming up for another manic Saturday evening of not going out

7 Likes

Listening in via Qobuz

6 Likes

Kyung Wha Chung - Beethoven Violin Concerto

She plays wonderfully!

Phil

9 Likes

3 Likes

Procol Harum | Procol’s 9th | 1975
Why? Because they were a fine band who (like others at the time) had a very different sound. This was another good album from the boys in their best early period.

11 Likes

Wasn’t Curtis Amy the sax player on The Doors Touch Me?

Respect!

1 Like

One of my favourite songs. Was it really 40 years ago? Scary.

13 Likes

He was indeed Steve.

1 Like

Now playing…

Andy Sheppard Quartet - Surrounded by Sea

Andy Sheppard (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Eivind Aarset (Guitar), Michel Benita (Double Bass) and Sebastian Rochford (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the noon hour another album from Andy and he and the quartet are sounding sublime! After doing a couple of chores its back to the music on this sunny and beautiful day and Andy’s music makes it even better…

3 Likes

Haven’t heard this in ages. This is the triple LP version from 2003.

23 Likes

Jean-Luc Ponty Individual Choice / 1983 Atlantic / US CD / 7800982

3 Likes

Available this weekend on nativedsd.com

8 Likes

Now playing…

Sean Rowe - New Lore

Sean Rowe (Accordion, Clapping, Harmonica, Percussion, Vocals), Ken Coomer (Drums, Percussion), David Cousar (Electric Guitar), Richard Ford (Pedal Steel), Susan Marshall (Background Vocals), Gaylon Patterson (Violin), Jerry Phillips (Clapping), Jeff Powell (Clapping), Matt Ross-Spang (Clapping, Mellotron, Percussion), Reba Russell (Background Vocals)Neal Shaffer (Viola), Dave Smith (Bass), Rick Steff (Hammond B3, Mellotron, Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer), Heather Trussell (Violin) and Elen Wroten (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with the fantastic music from Sean and the talented group of musicians backing him up on this album, and they are sounding mighty sweet! …this is a fantastic album…

6 Likes

Sarah Shook & the Devil, seven. Just stumbled on this country album. Sounds really nice. :relieved:

1 Like

I’ve Res covered a few of my Stan Tracey albums tonight. This is another, and it’s very good indeed. He had a wonderful ‘late period’ with some excellent albums on Trio Records.

1 Like