What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

On CD, sounding pretty stunning via the Oppo 205 and Chord Hugo 2…

18 Likes

Can - Live In Stuttgart 1975
On CD

10 Likes

Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds

23 Likes

Golden Earring - Moontan

10 Likes

Great-value él Records twofer pairing Wally Stott’s famous 1958 tone poem with selections from Mel Tormé’s Meets The British album (arranged by Stott) and various Noel Coward ditties. I love London, I love British light music, I adore Coward and I adore the Velvet Fog, so what’s not to like? Musically, nothing, though the mastering is a bit sharp and toppy for my taste…

4 Likes

Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde

Wild, funny, inventive and bawdy (that NSFW cover is a clue!), this 1993 release still sounds fresh as paint to me.

2 Likes

The Golden Palaminos - Drunk With Passion

5 Likes

Alanis Morissette - “Jagged Little Pill” (1995)

16 Likes

On Vinyl:

21 Likes

CD - Blue Note / from the Universal Music 2018 5CD boxset : )

Grant Green - guitar
Bobby Hutcherson - vibes
Larry Young - hammond organ
Elvin Jones - drums

Recorded on 16th November 1964 at the Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Album released in August 1967

Remastered in 2008 by Ruby Van Gelder
Transfers from analog to digital were made at 24-bit resolution

<>

Grant Green was born on this day in 1935

Born in St. Louis, Missouri USA :us:

Grant Green 1935-1979

15 Likes

18 Likes

Alexi Murdoch - “Towards The Sun” (2011)

1 Like

On Vinyl:

5 Likes

Anais Mitchell - “Hymns For The Exiled” (2004)

5 Likes

Now playing…

Eleni Karaindrou - Eternity And A Day - Film by Theo Anglelopoulos

Eleni Karaindrou (Piano), Sergiu Nastasa (Violin), Renato Ripo (Violoncello), Iraklis Vavatsikas (Accordion), La Camerata, Athens: Loukas Karytinos (Director), Vangelis Christopoulos (Oboe), Nikos Guinos (Clarinet), Spyros Kazianis (Bassoon), Vangelis Skouras (French Horn), Aris Dimitriiadis (Mandolin), Manthos Halkias (Clarinet), Kostas Siamidis (Lyra from Pontos), Kostas Sahinidis (Accordion), Katrin Zenz (Flute) and Fabrizio Bentivoglio (Voice).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Sunday morning with Eleni’s ‘Eternity and a Day’ on a cool, overcast and damp morning. The music is warm, wonderful, comforting and peaceful and a lovely way to ease into the day. A very sweet album and sounding sublime!

1 Like

Just perfect to accompany a wonderful late afternoon in this warm, sunny, cloudless part of Scotland

8 Likes

Evening session-

8 11 12

15 Likes

Beck - “Morning Phase” (2014)

14 Likes

Bitches Brew Live

12 Likes

Pendragon | Pure | 2009
A more rock infused album than their earlier prog’ albums, it’s one I like a lot and as ever the band remains more appreciated in the Scandi’ nations than back in blighty.

5 Likes