What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

This Speakers Corner issue is absolutely superb.
A typically perfect pressing from Pallas (truly flawless and wont set you back north of 100 quid)
The old HiFi cliche of speakers disappearing genuinely applies here.
I expect pretty much everyone on the forum will be familiar with the album, but if your a vinyl spinner I highly recommend getting hold of this pressing.

:heart:

23 Likes

I went to see her on this tour at the Hammersmith Odeon as it was then. Late coming on, did 39 mins and one song encore and then disappeared. No explanation etc. A very pissed off audience!

Italian Reggae artist & producer, companion Dub deconstruction of the lovely new album by The Wailing Souls Back A Yard which I’ve previously posted.

Alborosie - Back A Yard Dub

Wailing Souls - Back A Yard

Edit, Back A Yard Dub has multiple skips on side 2, pity
:heart:

1 Like

I saw National Health supporting Steve Hillage on 1st May 1978 - a long time ago now.

Lucinda Williams - World Without Tears

16 Likes

Now playing…

Annie Lennox - Nostalgia: an evening with Annie Lennox

Annie Lennox (Fender Rhodes, Flute, Percussion, Piano, String Arrangements, Vocals), Crystal Alforque (Viola), Michael Baker (Drums), Duane Benjamin (Trombone), Charlie Bisharat (Violin), Karen Briggs (Violin), Johnny Britt (Trumpet), Richard Brook (Percussion), Winston Byrd (Trumpet), Lynn Fiddmont (Vocals), Simon Finch (Trumpet), Lola Fruchtmann (Vocals), Rachel Grace (Violin), Chris Hill (Double Bass, Bass Guitar), Ivan Hussey (Cello), Stephen Hussey (Orchestration, Viola, Violin), Julie Jung (Cello), Dennis Karmazyn (Cello), Songa Lee (Violin), Alec Milstein (Upright Bass), Ricky Peterson (Keyboards, Hammond organ), Valerie Pinkston (Vocals), [Ed Roth (Accordion, Keyboards), Billy Steinway (Piano), Mike Stevens (Accordion, Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboards, Hammond Organ, String Arrangements, Vibraphone), Thomas Lea (Viola), Nicol Thomson (Trombone), Urban Soul Orchestra (Strings), Neal Wilkinson (Drums), Robin Wilson (Violin) and Leah Zeger (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning with Annie’s ‘Nostalgia’ album from 2014 and she and this large talented group of musicians are sounding sweet!

12 Likes

Blind Pilot - “Three Rounds And A Sound” (2010)

2 Likes

Dated? Without a doubt, played to death in my teens but I still love it!

19 Likes

I told you it was good! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

2 Likes

Just got this marvel from the Aussie psych wizards. A close sibling of their K.G. release.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Eurythmics - Revenge

Annie Lennox (Vocals), Jon Bavin (Keyboards), Clem Burke (Drums), Phil Chen (Bass), Joniece Jamison (Vocals), John McKenzie (Bass), Patrick Seymour (Keyboards), Jannick Top (Bass) and Jimmy “Z” Zavala (Harmonica, Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning with the Eurythmics with Annie’s fantastic vocals and she and the band are sounding mighty fine!

18 Likes

1970s vinyl. Perfect album for a Sunday evening:

15 Likes

Just listening to this, cracking album. Anybody else find the vocals distorted when she gives it a lung full? Was worried its my system but only seems to happen with this album

1 Like

Four Tops Compilation CD. If I had listened to this at School I would have been called a **** or a ******. How stupid, really good songs.

5 Likes

Subs getting a wotkout!

4 Likes

Enjoying this trio.

2 Likes

Queen - A Kind Of Magic.

11 Likes

Sarah Jarosz - Blue Heron Suite

Beautiful recording

6 Likes

Miles - The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions

Disc 5 from this set. Marvellous!