What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

4 Likes

Castanets - Decimation Blues, (CD rip). A new band to me, courtesy of a review by John DeVore on his excellent YouTube channel. Well worth checking out his channel out as he references quite a lot of interesting music, and naturally, goes into some depth talking about speakers too. An excellent album, although it won’t be for everyone. I’ll definitely be exploring the back catalogue. The CD also sounds very good.

1 Like

There really is something addictive about the MJQ sound.

6 Likes

Pat Metheny Group Travels / ECM / Germany CD x 2 / ECM1252/53

10 Likes

Floating Points - Crush
CD|2019

3 Likes

Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection

One of my favourites, this time following Lou Reed’s Transformer.

Fair to say I have never heard Transformer sounding so good. Some of the bass instruments were sounding so good, and even heard the tuba played by Herbie Flowers which was completely new to me in the way I could pick it out so clearly.

It’s also fair to say that Tumbleweed Connection sounds better but not to bring out things I hadn’t heard before. The last track is particularly good for the instruments with the drum sticks very prominent (full bodied)

Phil

13 Likes

3 Likes

Alexa Rose - Medicine For Living
CD|2019
Folk, Country

1 Like

Some down tempo electronica… interesting medley of styles and collaborations to pass the time awaiting the return of the sun.

2 Likes

Bell X1 - “Blue Lights On The Runway” (2009)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Feel like tapping my feet this afternoon. I like Sharleen Spiteri voice.

11 Likes

Black Crows: 90 to 99 compilation. CD. I would have loved to have seen them live.

71tJZnmFPtL.AC_SY355

9 Likes

A golden age - a golden (double) album

17 Likes

Heinz Holliger - Telemann Concerti per oboe

A great recommendation from the Classical Music Thread.

Phil

7 Likes

Dawn Landes - Meet Me At The River
CD|2018
Folk, Country

4 Likes

Ian Boddy | The Deep | 1994
My first chance to listen to this recent re-release by a very fine contemporary Berlin School musician. If you like your synths and moogs (analogue or digital) then it’s worth checking out his music and back catalogue on bandcamp.

3 Likes

Counting Crows - “Saturday Nights And Sunday Mornings” (2008) not the best sounding disc but a must listen from time to time for the guitar playing

9 Likes

Now playing…

Roger Eno and Brian Eno - Mixing Colours

Brian Eno (Composer, Programming, Sound Design) and Roger Eno (Composer, Keyboards).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this morning with Brian and Roger to ease into the day and sounding mighty mellow…

8 Likes