What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures.

The covers a bit tatty but inside there are Unknown Pleasures. Such a brilliant album.

16 Likes

Lorde - Pure Heroine, (CD rip). Lorde has released a superb new track (Solar Power) and revisiting the debut album is a good reminder of what a talent she is. Fabulous debut LP.

5 Likes

71xswUBv8yL.SS500

7 Likes

Page and the Black Crows. Live. 2x CD. Great material and a great band imho.

12 Likes

Rose City Band | Summer-Long | 2020
Ripley Johnson the head honcho of Wooden Shjips and Moon Duo, making lovely psychedelic country music here with his Rose City Band. Looking forward to his next one under this guise which is Earthtrip due out in a couple of weeks.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek Group - It’s OK to listen to the gray voice

Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), David Torn (Guitar, Guitar Synthesizer, DX 7), Eberhard Weber (Bass), and Michael DiPasqua (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with the Jan Garbarek Group, four fantastic musicians and one very sweet album! …and they are sounding sublime…

7 Likes

First listen to the second disc of the Dame’s latest set.

11 Likes

Big Colors - Ryan Adams

Streaming the new (old) one from the miscreant.

3 Likes

Tomita Snowflakes Are Dancing / 2000 BMG / EU CD / 09026635882

11 Likes

81BY1RNu7oL.SX466

18 Likes

Robert Plant | Carry Fire | 2019
I’m one of those who love the mix of rock and arabic music, Percy (and Page on other albums) have combined this really well, there are undertones of it here, another fine solo album Mr. Plant.

24 Likes

Bob Dylan - Empire Burlesque.

Oops! I missed last weekends dose of Dylan. Real life happened! So this weekend there are two offerings from his discography.

Tonight, Dylan in a very 80’s jacket, and an album left to others to engineer while he shrugged his shoulders. Lots of 80’s stylistic artefacts which date the album but the songs survive the poor treatment inflicted on them. All in all it’s OK.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek Group - Photo With Blue Sky, White Cloud, Wires, Windows And A Red Roof

Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Bill Connors (Guitar), John Taylor (Piano), Eberhard Weber (Bass) and Jon Christensen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with another album from the Jan Garbarek Group and they are sounding sublime! …this is a fabulous quintet featured on this album and certainly worth the time to give a listen, one very fine album.

7 Likes

That made me pull this one out. One of Graham’s - @igahman - favs. Haven’t heard from him in a while. Hope he’s ok!

13 Likes

Yes do hope he’s OK.

2 Likes

UK first press. I’ve got the super deluxe box set arriving tomorrow so thought I’d best dig this out and give it a spin.

10 Likes

Something spooky here…. Just came to put this up….

Just added on Qobuz in high Def…

The best Sabbath album… IMO… :sunglasses:

11 Likes

@Neil0001 may have listened to the Hi Rez version on Qobuz as well :joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s such a bloody good album! I love
The tempo and key changes in the longer tracks. Just sublime…

1 Like

21 Likes