What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

4 trax from this earlier in the week.

6 Likes

15 Likes

3 trax from this due out late Aug

6 Likes

3 trax from this yesterday

2 Likes

What were the standout albums for you? Where should the hard earned money be spent? Warm wishes to you.

Unfortunately as most of the forum regulars know I cannot tell you as one of the conditions I get a listen to pre releases is that I cannot comment on them until after they are out.

1 Like

Incognito No Time Like The Future / 1999 Talkin’ Loud / UK CD / 5389472

2 Likes

Now playing…

Masabumi Kikuchi - Black Orpheus

Masabumi Kikuchi (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention in thebluemoment blog regarding Masabumi Kikuchi had me search for one of his albums to take out for a spin. Although this is not the album mentioned it is a hires put out by ECM a few years earlier and is sounding sublime! Enjoyed the opening track and looking forward to the rest of the album…

2 Likes

Now playing…

Toru Takemitsu - Nexus

Toru Takemitsu (Composer), Carl St. Clair (Conductor), Ensemble (Nexus) and Orchestra (Pacific Symphony Orchestra).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… I had played this album four days ago and enjoyed it quite a bit so taking it for Sunday afternoon stroll and it is sounding sublime! A beautiful album…

5 Likes

Now playing…

Chris Rea - Auberge

Chris Rea (Guitar, Classical Guitar, Harmonica, Hammond organ, Slide Guitar), Robert Ahwai (Bass), Simon Clarke ( Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone), Martin Ditcham (Drums, Percussion), Anthony Dreman (Dobro, Guitar), Nick Hitchens (Tuba), Carol Kenyon (Vocals), The Kick Horns (Horn Arrangements), Roddy Lorimer (Flugelhorn, Trumpet), Max Middleton (Piano, String Arrangements), Tim Sanders (Tenor Saxophone), J. Neil Sidwell (Trombone), Paul Spong (Flugelhorn, Trumpet), Linda Taylor (Vocals) and Rick Taylor (Trombone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on into the early evening hour with Chris’s ‘Auberge’ album, and Chris and the band is sounding sublime! Just love this album and I believe it is my favorite of his…

15 Likes

Starting a holiday Monday with a local fav Richard Clapton Music is Love (1966-1970)

2 Likes

The Stones Their Satanic Majecties Request

14 Likes

Makes the Stone’s attempt at psychedelia seem a little pale, St Pepper The Beatles

21 Likes

Marvin Gaye What’s Going On

22 Likes

Manfred Mann’s Earth Band The Roaring Silence

11 Likes

James Gang Rides Again

10 Likes

Blood on Your Hands with Steve Earle is available on Qobuz and is a good indicator that Willie’s new album should be another good one.

The Durand Jones tracks that are available from the new album on Qobuz are looking very promising.

Southern Avenue and Jackson Browne have tracks available from there new albums available on Qobuz, again sounding good.

2 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

Joe Jackson Look Sharp

19 Likes

Peter Gabriel 1

21 Likes