What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Joseph Arthur - “Redemption’s Son” (2002)

4 Likes

Excellent album , fantastic well structured music and beautiful vocals

1 Like

Clapton. Journeyman. 1989. CD. All but two are covers but easy and enjoyable.

14 Likes

Now playing…

Mary Chapin Carpenter - The Dirt and the Stars

Mary Chapin Carpenter (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Ethan Johns (Drums, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Percussion, Synthesizer), Duke Levine (12 String Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin), Luke Levine (Electric Guitar), Nick Pini (6-String Bass, Electric Bass, Double Bass, Moog Synthesizer), Matt Rollins (Hammond Organ, Piano) and [Jeremy Stacey (Drums, Hand Chimes, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Tuesday morning with Mary Chapin Carpenter and release from last August and she and the band are sounding sublime! I love her music and enjoyed her video releases during the past year have been fortunate to see her perform on a number of occasions. Life is grand!

14 Likes

By The Pineapple Thief, on vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

10 Likes

Yellowjackets and WDR Big Band Jackets XL / 2020 Mack Avenue / US CD / MAC1175

1 Like

Good ol’ Southern rock from Whiskey Myers. If you like Lynrd Skynrd you should check em out.

2 Likes

A jazzy start to the evening

5 Likes

Now playing…

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Sometimes Just The Sky

Mary Chapin Carpenter (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Dave Bronze (Bass), Stephanie Jean (Harmonium, Omnichord, Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer), Ethan Johns (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandocello, Mandolin, Mountain Dulcimer, Slide Guitar, Tiple), Georgina Leach (Viola, Violin), Duke Levine (E-Bow, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin) and Jeremy Stacey (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning with Mary’s "Sometimes Just The Sky.’ A beautiful Tuesday morning and she and the band are sounding sublime! Life is grand is the music is sweet…

10 Likes

5 Likes

The bio is right, an under-appreciated icon.

4 Likes

and the jazz theme continues

13 Likes

Portishead | Roseland NYC Live | 1998
It’s been a good day, got a lot done and had Cowboys and Mysterons tracks in my head so I thought I’d give their live album another play.

11 Likes

12 Likes

10 Likes

1990 Rykodisc CD – a sensational (and sensationally recorded) solo album by the Dead’s percussionist:

7 Likes

Art Pepper meets The Rhythm Section / 2010 Concord / Germany CD / 0888072319929

13 Likes

A brilliant album for a summer’s evening.

and the classic jazz listening continues

10 Likes

yes, but it’s also great for all seasons :+1: