What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

12 Likes

Now playing…

Amos Lee - Spirit

Amos Lee (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Banjo, Percussion, Vocals), Jaron Olevsky (Keyboards, Piano, Organ, Glockenspiel, Synthesizer, Bass), Accordion, Vocals), Zach Djanikian (Glectric Guitar, Bass, Saxophone, Mandolin, Synthesizer, Vocals), Mark Colenburg (Drums, Percussion), Adam Blackstone (Bass), Ian Fitchuk (Drums, Percussion, Vocals), Fred Berman (Drums), Doug Pettibone (Electric Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar), Luther Dickinson (Electric Guitar, Vocals), Andy Keenan (Dobro, Lap Steel Guitar)Jeff Coffin (Saxophone), Rashawn Ross (Trumpet), Rob Moose (Violin, Viola), Anthony LaMarchina (Cello), Vanessa McGowan (Contrabass), Bowed Bass), Annie Clements (Vocals ), Kristen Rogers (Vocals) and Jason Eskridge (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Amos and his very talented group backing him up and they are sounding sublime! One beautiful album…

10 Likes

Patricia Barber | Modern Cool | 1998
A change in tack from Portishead, this one does exactly what it says on the tin, PB is utterly Steve McQueen cool on this one.

10 Likes

Bob Weir’s solo career certainly hit the ground running with this, his first outing – many of the tunes on here became Dead staples: Playing In The Band, Cassidy, Mexicali Blues, Looks Like Rain, Black-Throated Wind, Greatest Story Ever Told, One More Saturday Night…

8 Likes

I bought this when it was released, haven’t heard it in eons.

Dwight Yokam, not played for ages superb.

5 Likes

John Paul Jones

The Thunder thief.
Growing on me after second listen.

3 Likes

I love DB’s vocals, the shifts in register, the softness, the drama and the rest. All here on this intensely beautiful song and throughout this remarkable album.

24 Likes

Her voice is just hypnotic!

12 Likes

Well i have a cd and t-shirt somewhere in transit across the Atlantic. So i am warming myself up in expectation.

6 Likes

All this Dead talk has minded me to play Nightfall of Diamonds from their late 80s US tour on CD (Disc 2). Cracker - band in great form and well recorded.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Amos Lee - Mission Bell

Amos Lee (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vibraphone, Vocals), Priscilla Ahn (Vocals), Sam Beam (Vocals), Pieta Brown (Vocals), Joey Burns (Electric Bass, Upright Basss, Bowed Bass, 12 String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Electric Guitar, Nylon String Guitar, Tenor Guitar, Piano, Vibraphone, Vocals, Wurlitzer), John Convertino (Drums), Zach Djanikian (Vocals), James Gadson (Drums, Tambourine, Vocals), Caroline Isaacs (Vocals), Laura Kepner-Adney (Vocals), Greg Leisz (Electric Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, Mandolin, Pedal Steel, Slide Guitar, Weissenborn), Brian Lopez (Vocals), Willie Nelson (Nylon String Guitar, Vocals), Johnny O’Halloran (Bowed Saw), Jaron Olevsky (Banjo, Electric Bass, Upright Bass, Bowed Bass, Fender Rhodes, Electric Guitar, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Shaker, Synthesizer, Vocals, Wurlitzer), Mutlu Onaral (Vocals), Gabrielle Pietrangelo (Vocals), Mickey Raphael (Harmonica), Craig Schumacher (Harmonica, Synthesizer Bass), Jacob Valenzuela (Trumpet) and Lucinda Williams (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on with Amos and this talented group of musicians into the noon hour as I start today’s exercise routine and Amos and the band are sounding mighty sweet! His albums are all good but this just may be my favorite… well at least until the next one is given a spin.

13 Likes

Charles Mingus - Live at Carnegie Hall

2021 Deluxe Edition featuring the complete concert starts off with the Quintet then the previously released jam session with guests.

I’m enjoying this as such as the Carnegie Hall sound like they enjoyed it.

If you’ve a downloader then 7Digital have the 16 bit for £8.49 - a bargain for over 2 hours of stunning music.

12 Likes

Chris Smither - Hundred Dollar Valentine

3 Likes

Some more Dave Mason…his first solo album

8 Likes

19 Likes

2 Likes

Now playing…

Lizz Wright - Freedom & Surrender

Lizz Wright (Vocals, Handclapping), Kenny Banks (Fender Rhodes, Hammond B3, Hammond Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer), Till Brönner (Flugelhorn), Billy Childs (Fender Rhodes), Vinnie Colaiuta (Drums, Handclapping), Jesse Harris (Nylon String Guitar), Larry Klein (Acoustic Guitar, Handclapping, Keyboards, Rhythm Box), Pete Korpela (Percussion), Pete Kuzma (Fender Rhodes, Hammond B3, Handclapping, Hammond organ, Wurlitzer), Dan Lutz (Acoustic Bass), Dean Parks (Bazouki, Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Electric Guitar, Nylon String Guitar, Handclapping, Mandolin) and Gregory Porter (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the afternoon with Liz Wright and this very talented group of musicians working with her and they are sounding sublime! A beautiful and powerful voice and all of her albums are worth the time to give a spin…

15 Likes

11 Likes

The Don or if you like the Van.

Cosmic Wheels

15 Likes