What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Last for the night The Nationals Boxer

16 Likes

51SUWsbmnHL.SX425

22 Likes

It’s on the album you posted. But don’t listen to it with your wife!

1 Like

The other half is asleep so that’s not an issue I’m working occasionally having to leave the room due my old dogs farts.

2 Likes

16 Likes

Dave Mason & Steve Cropper (with Gretchen Rhodes) - The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys - Tidal 16/44
Three tracks by these master musicians from a gig a couple of years ago, like Gazza I have a CD and T-shirt in transit.

4 Likes

Little Electric Chicken Heart - Ana Frango Elétrico

Unassuming, gently unfolding magic, full of beautifully arranged and sung gems. Brazilian rhythms and lovely brass throughout, all woven in and around her lead and backing vocals. Superb.

2 Likes

Paul Simon - Graceland

It’s been a while. A great album with infectious foot tapping music.

Phil

20 Likes

Crowded House - Dreamers are Waiting - Qobuz 24/96
First listen to this, and it’s classic Neil Finn. Intelligent moving lyrics, beautifully sung, well played, lots of infectious choruses. Nice to have them back.

10 Likes

Devon Sproule - Keep Your Silver Shined

7 Likes

CD - ACT Music 2006 : )

Paolo Paliaga - piano
Dino Contenti - double bass
Gigi Biolcati - drums

Recorded, mixed and mastered by Stefano Amerio at Arteuono Recording Studios, Cavalicco (Udine) Italy

5 Likes

Great stuff

12 Likes

It was the 4th track of the Tim Buckley you were playing!

1 Like

Now playing…

Sarah Jarosz - Blue Heron Suite

Sarah Jarosz (Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals), Jefferson Hamer (Guitar, Vocals) and Jeff Picker (Bass Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this morning Sarah with her latest album ‘Blue Heron Suite’ released on May 6th, 2021. …and Sarah and the band are sounding sublime! First time taking this album out for a spin and the opening track is wonderful and looking forward to the rest of the album…

6 Likes

Now playing…

Sarah Jarosz - Undercurrent

Sarah Jarosz (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Octave Mandolin, Banjo), Luke Reynolds (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Pedal Steel, Vocals), Jedd Hughes (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Mark Schatz (Bass Guitar), Parker Millsap (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Tim Lauer (B3 Organ), Aoife O’Donovan (Guitar, Vocals) and Sara Watkins (Fiddle).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with the fine vocals & music from Sarah with the ‘Undercurrent’ album released in 2016. Sarah and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

8 Likes

Crosby, Stills & Nash with their fine eponymous debut in 1969. One of the early supergroups and still good to listen to.

19 Likes

Double live Suzi from '77 on white vinyl. Epic!

8 Likes

Crosby, Stills & Nash | Daylight Again | 1982
Five years after the excellent CSN and thirteen after their great debut, this one didn’t work for me but it’s interesting to listen to again.

10 Likes

On Bandcamp for ‘name your price’.

Wonderful recording from the cream (just realised that given the bass player) of British Jazz.

8 Likes

David Crosby | Croz | 2014
I just had to play this after listening to various CSN, his voice still sounding great in his mid seventies, this was the album that got me going back to explore his solo work.

14 Likes