What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Following on from Mingus’ Carnegie Hall concert just love the Don Pullen composition Big Alice - here’s Don’s own version and boy does this track cook.

3 Likes

Been listening to this playlist on Roon/Tidal and it’s been quite lovely. Have not had to skip one track, which is saying something, for me at least.

1 Like

Keeping with the CSNY theme, glorious west coast Americana (west coast of London). The Helps.

Oh for a time machine to travel back to 1971 to catch them live again.

4 Likes

Lee Morgan - The Rajah, Blue Note/Tone Poet (2021).

Beautifully done by TP I just love Lee Morgan playing Ballads.

7 Likes

Big fan of the ‘selfs

1 Like

John Coltrane - Standard Coltrane Prestige/OJC

Absolutely outstanding 1958 was such a prolific year for JC and when I see a copy of Craft Records 58 box set for a reasonable price I’ll be snapping it up.

11 Likes

Outstanding from Shabaka and The Ancestors (2020)

6 Likes

The Cream of Clapton | 1994
Picking a few from this one which is a total rarity for me as I always play albums in their entirety front to back.

11 Likes

This has made it in my top albums of this year. Has a great atmosphere, laid back but has a lot of depth, incorpoartes UK folk with african rythms and US folk and is just a great sounding folk/rock album.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip Andy. Downloaded - a great listen. Jon Hiseman’s drumming is a force of nature. The PDF article in the download is very interesting. Moving on to the brilliant but tragic pianist Mike Taylor the man who wrote the title track. When are Columbia going to get their finger out and reissue his stuff. Don’t want to pay a grand for one that’s been used as a frisbee or buy a dodgy Russian Federation release.

1 Like

I liked this album way more than I should or thought I would.

2 Likes

Joe Bonamassa

Now Serving Tea - Live from the Ryman

Brilliant. and good SQ.

8 Likes

This set of - no surprise - seven albums is absolutely superb. It’s really grown on me and is probably his best work to date.

3 Likes

Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um.

16 Likes

George Michael, older. What a voice to start the day with. :relaxed:

13 Likes

41B-A-kOegL.SY400

19 Likes

Sorry I’m such a dck, I was covered in paint and obviously my head was somewhere else.

1 Like

Another good tip! Hadn’t realised she had released another album. I will have a listen tomorrow!!

5 Likes

5 Likes

Eden Atwood, like someone in love. Cat on a hot tin roof is the first album of hers that I have listened to. It’s not available on Tidal (Qobuz has nothing of hers at all :frowning: ) so I am listening to her debut album like someone in love. Yes, like someone in love. :wink: