What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Hi, yes have heard Harris’s version, but for me doesn’t work as well… there is something about Nelson’s and Haggard’s version that to me gives the soul that Van Zandt’s original version just missed…

3 Likes

Supertramp in Paris

I was in Paris this week, first time since February 2020. Still not back to normal, but this city helps you to heal.

4 Likes

16 Likes

The Best Of Booker T & The MG’S, this covers the Atlantic albums, so includes “Green Onions” and “Soul Limbo”.

7 Likes

Redneck Woman always brings a smile to my face.

5 Likes

Change of pace from the latest history on this thread. Every since I found Above&Beyond and the Anjuna label and related artists I am finding incredible trance (or thereabouts) albums.

Found this Japanese artist during the weekly ABGT radio show last week: Shingo Nakamura.

1 Like

2 Likes

Now playing…

Tom Misch - Geography

Tom Misch (Guitar, Vocals), Poppy Ajudha (Vocals), Rob Araujo (Keyboards, Vocals), Loyle Carner (Vocals), Paul Castelluzzo (Guitar), De La Soul (Vocals), GoldLink (Vocals), Jamie Houghton (Drums), Reuben James (Piano), Jaz Karis (Vocals), Polly Misch (Spoken Word), Jessica Carmody Nathan (Vocals), Tobie Tripp (Violin) and John Woodham (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Tom and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

4 Likes

Marina, ancient dream in a modern land. Starting my Saturday with some nice beats. Thank you @Alley_Cat! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Triggered by the high res release - good album…

11 Likes

Gretchen Wilson, I got your country right here. Thank you @Simon-in-Suffolk! So nice! Might turn into a GW weekend for me. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Now playing…

Stephan Micus - Winter’s End

Stephan Micus (Chikulo, Nohkan, 12-string Guitar, Tongue Drums, Voice, Kalimba, Sinding, Charango, Ney, Sattar, Tibetan Cymbals, Suling).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this new album released on June 10th from Stephan and the opening track is sounding mighty fine! …I enjoy his music and the fact that he plays all the instruments and created in his studio with many recordings and overdubs. This is his 24th solo album released with ECM.

1 Like

2002 original pressing of Wilco’s best!

9 Likes

Imelda May, life love flesh blood. Can’t get enough of this. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes

Gretchen Wilson, one of the boys. Love country music. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I can’t get enough of this, Ryan Adams Big Colours.

6 Likes

I prefer his previous one Wednesday for some reason

Both good though - this is the second in a trilogy , the last one will be realised in a few months I believe

I’m undecided, I really like Wednesday but this has a bit swagger about it. Agreed both fine albums.

Now playing…

Thorbjørn Risager & the Black Tornado - Come on In

Thorbjørn Risager (Guitar, Vocals), Emil Balsgaard (Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Wurlitzer), Soren Bojgaard (Bass, Moog Bass, Synthesizer), Peter Kehl (Flugelhorn, Horn Arrangements, Sousaphone, Trombone, Trumpet), Hans Nybo (Tenor Saxophone), Martin Seidelin (Drums, Percussion), Joachim Svensmark (Guitar, Synthesizer, Vocals), Kasper Wagner (Horn Arrangements, Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on into the early evening hour with TThorbjørn and the fabulous Black Tornado and they are sounding mighty sweet! …it has been awhile since I gave this album a spin since I was introduced to the group here on the forum. Great for kicking off a Friday evening…

8 Likes