What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Buddha Bar on Qobuz. Time to chill out… The production is wonderful. It’s wonderful when your system allows you to really enjoy things like this… You can really hear the music… It makes me smile! Which I guess is the point. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

On CD – love this from the talented Estonian vocalist.

1 Like

9 Likes

Deep Purple - Machine Head
Warner re issue cut by Kevin Gray sounding pretty good

:heart:

19 Likes

Some icelandic electronica starts the evening off…

As soon as you sign the contract with the record label, you burn.

It took me years to know ( and understand) the concept behind the cover, as I was a kid when first saw it.

my third favorite artwork from Floyd,
Surpassed only by Animals ( 2nd Favorite)
And the you know what , at first.

:fire:

2 Likes

And then, this.

Underrated ( me think)

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. You have my warmest wishes and I hope you have a lovely evening/day :relaxed:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words
( same to you)

1 Like

14 Likes

Enjoying London Grammars new album

12 Likes

Robin Trower | Coming Closer To The Day | 2019
A real return to form for RT my favourite of his late albums, the album title possibly hints at that growing realisation and acceptance?

5 Likes

20 Likes

I once read about another Cure album that it was like “being enveloped by a waterlogged and extremely capacious overcoat”, this is probably one of my favourites

9 Likes

For Earth Below, that’s a good album

2 Likes

Yes it is, as is most of his early work.

1 Like

Always loved that album back in the day, had it on cassette, I really need to get a physical copy again, sounds good on streaming but a nice LP…

Go for it @Dreadatthecontrols :sunglasses:

Sitting in a cottage on a dairy farm in Derbyshire so what else could it be but the master pocket trumpeter Don Cherry FLAC file on my portable hires player.

3 Likes

Way back when for reasons I cant, or prefer not to remember, a lot of my original Thin Lizzy pressings went MIA.
I recently bought the titles I used to have from the Universal re issues mastered at Finyltweak, cant now remember how my originals sounded and my system wouldn’t have been what it is now, these sound pretty good, acceptable at least on their own merit to my ears. Certainly miles better than the awful Back To Black Jailbreak & Black Rose I tried a few years back.

The last one I hadn’t got round to playing

Live & Dangerous

(sounding pretty good although the photos are quite grainy and low resolution to how I remember the original sleeve)

11 Likes