What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Supertramp Breakfast in America

25 Likes

Dawn Landes, meet me at the river. The sun is hours from going down just yet, but it’s a nice album any time of the day. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris, all the roadrunning. Sublime. :relaxed:

14 Likes

To start the day…

10 Likes

The Carpenters, singles 1969-1981. I so much wish Karen is still with us and I can hear her performance live.

17 Likes

Norah Jones, come away with me. Oh yes I would and we all did over 7000 days ago. Sounds like a long time. :wink:

22 Likes

Try her Stones in the Road album which IMHO is her best.

1 Like

4 Likes

Thank you @ewemon. I last listened to it back on 6th May. Yes, it’s time to refresh my memory! :relaxed:

Most of the album

7 Likes

A bunch of trax from his up and coming album.

9 Likes

A few trax from this due out late Aug

4 Likes

This is being officially released in Sept (album cover above) but I have had a copy for a number of years which I pulled out last night for a listen mine is a boot

9 Likes

Now playing…

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - Carnage

Warren Ellis (Autoharp, Drum Machine, Alto Flute, Glockenspiel, Tenor Guitar, Harmonium, Loops, Piano, Synthesizer, Viola, Violin, Vocals), Nick Cave (Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Luis Almau (Drums, Acoustic Guitar), Amy Carson (Choir/Chorus), Hannah Cooke (Choir/Chorus), Sarah Dacey (Choir/Chorus), Timothy Dickinson (Choir/Chorus), Nicholas Madden (Choir/Chorus), Alessandro Ruisi (|Strings, Violin), Max Ruisi (Cello, Strings), Esmeralda Conde Ruiz (Choir/Chorus, Conductor), Eloisa-Fleur Thom (Strings, Violin), Luba Tunnicliffe (Strings, Viola) and Thomas Wydler (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… closing out the day with Nick’s & Warren’s ‘Carnage’ and it is sounding mighty sweet! I usually go with something a bit more mellow but was just in the mood to take it out for a spin once again…

5 Likes

Donald Byrd Royal flush / 2006 Blue Note / RVG Edition / Germany CD / 094636263229

Donald Byrd Trumpet
Herbie Hancock Piano
Pepper Adams Saxophone
Butch Warren Bass
Billy Higgins Drums

7 Likes

Put this on as I’d just read in the Guardian that it had turned 50.
My favourite Joni Mitchell album.

32 Likes

Michael Franks Rendezvous in Rio / 2006 KOCH / US CD / KOCCD9964

2 Likes

For me, this was the first track I heard from the Prodigy around 1990/91 that appeared in the clubs just before Charly and I’ve loved them ever since. Still can’t believe Keith is no longer with us :disappointed:

7 Likes

The Beta Band "The Three E.P.'s (20th Anniversary Remaster)

10 Likes

Yo Yo Ma, exquisite album

7 Likes