What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I love Mary’s lyrics and soft voice, glad I have discovered her music!

11 Likes

Gorgeous woman, gorgeous song.

4 Likes

Another great tip from @seakayaker for which I thank you sir!!

7 Likes

Interesting interpretations.

One of those tracks where you have to tweak it up a bit!

Bought this a year or so ago as it was on Mr Bongo label, and though I’m not exactly a connoisseur of early 70s Japanese jazz-soul fusion, this is marvellous.

Hozan Yamamoto with Sharps and Flats

3 Likes

Dave Mason & Steve Cropper - 4 Real Rock & Soul Revue - WAV CD rip
Joining @Gazza in this wonderful live recording, the singer songwriter guitarist from Traffic teaming with the great guitarist from Stax records, Traffic songs and Stax masterpieces. Mason sounds superb on the soul numbers as well as his home territory, the band are excellent, fine female vocals from Gretchen Peterson. And it goes without saying that the guitar work is masterful, great technique used to provide insight into the heart of every song. Is there a better guitarist on the planet than Steve Cropper?
And like Gazza I got 2 CDs and 2 T-shirts.

6 Likes

Brooklyn, NY
March 2020
CD on Onyx Music

taken from a few sessions with Craig Handy, Robin Eubanks, Lonnie Plaxico, Kevin Eubanks, Peter Washington, etc. Peterson’s last session as a leader…

1 Like

Chilling with a glass or two after a tough afternoon on the beach in Anglesey, and a bit burnt. Raining tomorrow though. John Martyn.

download

10 Likes

I think we are very blessed, it is a great recording and we lucked out😁

2 Likes

14 Likes

I told my music-loving brother-in-law I’d ordered it while we were on a family Zoom, he was extremely interested until I explained you had to get a T-shirt and CD from the States. My spare’ll be a nice surprise for him tomorrow.

And thanks so much, first for playing the tracks and then telling me how I could order it. As you say, a great recording.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Now playing…

St. Vincent - Mass Education

Annie Clark (Guitar, Vocals, Synthesizers, Bass), Tuck Andress (Guitar), Patti Andress (Vocals), Jenny Lewis (Vocals), Kid Monkey (Vocals), Toko Yasuda (Vocals), Jack Antonoff (Synthesizers, Bass, Drums, String Arrangements, Mellotron, Piano), Daniel Mintseris (Synthesizers), Lars Stalfors (Synthesizers), Thomas Bartlett (Piano, Synthesizers), Bobby Sparks (Keyboards), Mike Elizondo (Bass), Pino Palladino (Bass), Greg Leisz (Pedal Steel), Rich Hinman (Pedal Steel), Evan Smith (Saxophone), Kamasi Washington (Saxophone), Margot (Strings, Philip A. Peterson (Cello) and Timothy Garland (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with the fine vocals and music from Annie and her fantastic assembled musicians and they are sounding mighty sweet! …one fine album.

12 Likes

Ministry Of Sound the chillout session / 2001 MOS / UK CD x 2 / MOSCD15

4 Likes

It’s been a Brian Wilson day

9 Likes

The Oscar Peterson Trio- Not So Much A Rhythm Section
Would like to find a better copy of this at some point

7 Likes

11 Likes

Otis Redding - Dock of the Bay - 2017 reissue vinyl
How else to follow the Mason/Cropper than Cropper’s work with his great friend and great vocalist Otis? Some genuinely wonderful songs, fantastic band, one of the greatest interpreters of a song working with a master guitarist who twinned with him perfectly. A sublime album.
Some combinations of vocalist and guitarist go beyond singer and instrument and are duets, where the two are so simpatico that they share the lead and each enhances everything the other does. Otis and Cropper, Bowie and Ronno, Plant and Page (although here JPJ and Bonzo were as in sync and it was a 4-way lead) all spring to mind.

12 Likes

I sent them a little thank you to the website……the proceeds were/are for kids in the U.S to learn music……taken off their curriculum. Both Dave and Steve are big supporters👍

2 Likes

More John Martyn. Released Posthumously.

R-4384332-1363544019-8952.jpeg

13 Likes