4 Likes

Will check that one out, thanks.

1 Like

Great new album from Toro Y Moi.

Mahal.

3 Likes

8 Likes

‘Moving Pictures’ – Rush

Brilliant album. But, perhaps time for me to admit there’s something about the Rush remasters from a few years back (c.2017?) that are unconvincing on my system/in my room. Don’t know how to describe it accurately other than boomy bass / bass drum frequencies that seem to merge together, whether from their classic period or some of their later albums (‘Hold Your Fire’). Not sure whether to risk the recent 40th reissue. Hell of an album though.

12 Likes

Don’t think I have heard this since school.

1 Like

The new Reina del cid album out today, this track is rather nice song about the dreadful disease of Dementia.

Gov’t Mule – The Deep End Volume 1
CD rip | 2001

7 Likes

1981 - Di Meola, McLaughlin & De Lucia - Friday Night In San Francisco

16 Likes

Midnight Oil - Diesel And Dust.

13 Likes

Great choice Alan. Must dig that one out and play next.

1 Like

Thanks, it is all I own by the band, well recorded though and enjoyable from time to time.

1 Like

Nice - ordered them both on CD today from Rough Trade’s website

1 Like

There is a brilliant confluence of originality and commercial appeal about this album - musically, lyrically and artistically. Love the images used on this LP. Lucky enough to have travelled to Oz many times, but when I first possessed this album, it was merely a place in my imagination, and these tracks helped shaped it.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Bossa Nova Plus/Willis Jackson

The best things on here are actually the non-bossa nova tracks, cf. What Kind Of Fool Am I and Shuckin’. Kenny Burrell and Willis Jackson to the fore, with some great piano lines from Tommy Flanagan.

The bossa tracks all seem a little forced and restrained.

3 Likes

I do recommend the follow up - the sister album to Diesel and Dust - fabulous tracks.

Thereafter a slow decline with some occasional moments of brilliance. But Blue Sky Mining is 10/10 album - a band at their peak. And next up for a spin this evening.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Amanda Shires - My Piece of Land

Amanda Shires (Tenor Guitar, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals), Dave Cobb (Guitar), Derry Deborja (Keyboards), Paul Griffith (Drums), Jason Isbell (Guitar, Piano, Vocals) and Paul Slivka (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention above by @Neil-26 and @patk had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and Amanda is sounding mighty fine on the opening track! …looking forward to the rest of the album

7 Likes

Klaus Schulze, Timewind. Amazing two hours long album, listening on my Saturday morning down under. Rip Klaus Schulze. :pray:

Might have to listen through Wagner’s the ring cycle some time.

14 Likes