What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Tony Joe White | Smoke From The Chimney | 2021

"Tony Joe White’s posthumous album, ‘Smoke From The Chimney’, brings to life previously unknown recordings by the legendary songwriter and musician. Produced by Dan Auerbach from nine unreleased vocal/guitar demos and performed by an ensemble “who capture the DNA of Tony Joe White’s songs with beauty, warmth, and reverence.” (NPR’s Bruce Warren).

Starting with the album’s genesis as an unforeseen trove of demos in the hands of producer Dan Auerbach and rounded out by Nashville’s most seasoned studio musicians, ‘Smoke from the Chimney’ started out as a number of unadorned voice and guitar demos from White’s home studio before being transformed into full band arrangements harkening back to the albums he recorded in the late 60s and early 70s in Nashville and Muscle Shoals - just as he was emerging as an internationally recognised songwriter and recording artist."

5 Likes

First listen
Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation

7 Likes

Have a listen to PLAYGOD by Poppy Ajudha - directly addresses issue

1 Like
2 Likes

‘Help!’ - The Beatles

Picked up a new copy of this today to replace my early 80s LP of the same which is scratched.

Having a listen with a glass of red before dinner - sounding fab.

13 Likes

Live stuff in a few mins. Kids are just in bed and the other half will join soon for a doubtlessly great concert

Where is my beer?

5 Likes

Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene

21 Likes

Don’t know if it is the wine, but ‘Act Naturally’ sounds incredible :laughing:

1 Like

Joining in the Beatles Help love. :+1:t3:

21 Likes

12 Likes

1991 - Nirvana // Nevermind

19 Likes

:+1:t2: Also in my play queue. Amazing album!

1 Like

Hell, yeah.

Listened to some albums mentioned in a magazine

3 Likes

Also mentioned in the magazine. Especially the Sault album has a special unusual sound. Would need to listen to it a bit more to test it….

3 Likes

On vinyl:

8 Likes

2 Likes

Finally found the complete album on Qobuz……this track with former Doobie Mike McDonald….for Doobie Dans and others.

6 Likes

1 Like

Really liking this soundtrack

4 Likes