What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

IMHO no one comes close to Stevies run of 5 great albums. Maybe one day he will open up his vaults and release some of the trax that never made it on to these albums.

29 Likes

Now playing…

Jon Balke w/ Magnetic North Orchestra- Further

Jon Balke (Piano, Keyboards), Jens Petter Antonson (Trumpet), Per Jørgensen (Trumpet, Vocals), Morten Halle (Alto Saxophone), Tore Brunborg (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Gertrud Økland (Violin), Trond Villa (Viola), Jonas Franke-Blom (Cello), Anders Jormin (Bass), Marilyn Mazur (Percussion) and Audun Kleive (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on through the noon hour with Jon Balke’s ‘Further’ and the music always brings a smile to my face. Jon and the Orchestra are sounding sublime! …one sweet album…

Inspired to dig this 4 track promo single out for a spin, after seeing a post from @Anonymoot a few days ago

Ellis Beggs & Howard - Big Bubbles, No Troubles.

3 Likes

Nice sound eh?

1 Like

I bet, must get around to acquiring the live at the Isle of Wight set.

1 Like

There are lots of good jazz radio stations.
See list at Best internet radio anyone?

Definitely, but i don’t think they were as good as Kajagoogoo :wink:

2 Likes

1970 - Three Dog Night // It Ain’t Easy

10 Likes

Eagles - The Long Run.

12 Likes

Trembling Bells – Dungeness

Great album - great place.

I saw a review where someone suggested they were Fairport Convention meets Led Zeppelin or maybe Fairport meets Jefferson Aiplane.

9 Likes

Ellis Paul, say something. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Now a bit of nostalgia. Blues for the night.

24 Likes

London Grammar, if you wait. :relaxed:

16 Likes

Black - Wonderful Life - 1987

The first time I heard this was on the shops Mission CD player with big Mission floorstanders. Lots of customers parted with their cash!
The salesman in me loved it then, but I still love it now.

6 Likes

Angelique Kidjo.
Great choice Dave, if I may say so.
Not mentioned enough imo
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Now Playing…

Jon Balke & Magnetic North Orchestra- Kyanos

Jon Balke (Piano, Keyboards), Per Jørgensen (Trumpet, Vocal), Arve Henriksen (Trumpet), Morten Halle (Saxophones, Flute), Svante Henryson (Violoncello), Anders Jormin (Double-Bass) and Audun Kleive (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with one of Jon’s fabulous albums, and he and the band are sounding sublime! …one enjoyable album.

Jazz n Champions League.

1 Like

And going back, further back

3 Likes

Sara K., waterfalls. :relaxed:

I haven’t played this for some time. It sounds so wonderful!

4 Likes

Not his best album but we’ve got a family friend who has stage 4 cancer and battling to make Christmas, Lou’s lyrics kind of put things in perspective.

1 Like