What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Get yer arran sweater and flip flops on … it’s Pentangle!

14 Likes

He was his usual grumpy self for a fair percentage of this UK tour.

1 Like

Retsina AND ouzo - keep the nurofen handy!

1 Like

An old favourite and a reminder of youthful love ( or was it lust) :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

CD single sounding superb.

4 Likes

LP - BlueNote (tone poet series) 2019 reissue : )

<>

Andrew Hill – piano
Joe Henderson – saxophone
Richard Davis – double bass
Roy Haynes – drums

Recorded at Van Gelder Studios, Englewood Cliffs, NJ. 1963
Album released in 1964

<<>>

Happy 97th Birthday Roy Haynes! :balloon: :birthday: :smile: :+1:

born 13th March 1925 in the Roxbury section of Boston, Massachusetts :us:

14 Likes

‘Black Fire’ is a superb album. The Tone Poet reissue is a must have.

2 Likes

Picked up this one earlier today – a mixed bag. There’s some great mid-80s Damehood with ‘Loving the Alien’, ‘Blue Jean’ and ‘Tumble and Twirl.’ SQ is excellent – but that can’t ameliorate the awful cover of ‘God Only Knows.’

11 Likes

Great Live Blues set from Cyndi, following on from the earlier Memphis Blues album.

3 Likes

Another classic. It’s on Dynaflex vinyl, which sounds great and a lot better than a lot of ‘new’ vinyl that I have bought recently! Fabulous!

12 Likes

Big fan of the Hartnolls since the ‘green album’ … just brilliant live too.

2 Likes

Gary Burton + Chick Corea + Pat Metheny + Roy Haynes + Dave Holland like minds / 1998 Concord / EU CD / CCD48032

9 Likes

Finish of the session with a bit more of The Fall. I do like this one, there’s a bit of chill and laid backness about it that I like… but its still The Fall!

5 Likes

Claudia Thompson, goodbye to love. Smooth jazzy way to start Monday morning down under. I imagine it makes for a beautiful relaxing Sunday evening too. :relaxed:

Aesthetically, I prefer the original 1959 album cover but couldn’t help playing this new 2021 release.

Elton John - Don’t Shoot Me, I’m Only The Piano Player.

23 Likes

Chilli ng

7 Likes

Some country folk music.

4 Likes

Just listened to Bewitched on headphones. Amazingly detailed textures. Robert Fripp certainly seems to be enjoying himself at Sunday Lunch with Toyah these days. One of the lighthearted joys of lockdown which has continued!

3 Likes

5 Likes

We’ve grown to appreciate Toyah’s talents over Sunday lunch. The blood pressure requires something with less bounce by the evening. Chilling out to ‘The Wall’ this evening.

22 Likes