What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Hey @Collywobbles I just watched again on my dodgy old phone. Your right! Definitely different, the first thing I noticed was the studio single version iirc (old memory dont have it anymore) intro has the drummer hitting a few strikes on a cowbell. The rest does appear to sound live, very unusual for TOTP of the time I think
Cheers
:heart:

1 Like

Any good ? Just ordered it

Wasn’t pressed tbh. Might need a few listenings.

Damn - have most of his stuff

RIP Marvin Lee Aday, known as Meat Loaf

28 Likes

Goldfrapp, number 1. So energizing! :kissing_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

Ladyhawk, time flies. I used to listen so much to Ladyhawk’s self titled debut album because it brings back so much fond memories. Giving her latest release (Nov 21) a spin. :blush:

2 Likes

Local West Yorks band (formed from other Leeds area bands), Yard Act’s debut. James Smith is an interesting writer in a long tradition of other wordy northerners.

Great to hear such intelligent, crater-causing words taking centre stage. Yes, it’s not too difficult to spot The Fall’s influence but they wear it well. Some great swearing, character de/construction therein too.

The Overload - Yard Act

3 Likes

John Zorn - Hermetic organ series is all you need.

3 Likes

Listening to UB40’s ‘Signing Off’ LP on this cold and frosty morning. Wouldn’t classify myself as a fan of the band, but their debut album is excellent. Particularly impressed by the reissue mix (on red vinyl) - the bass is deep, warm and crystal clear. Iconic cover art too.

15 Likes

Paul Riedo, pomp & pipes by reference recording label. :relaxed:

Haven’t managed to find John Zone’s organ work yet on streaming platforms but will keep digging! Thank you @AndyP!

4 Likes

Morning mix-

14 Likes

Perhaps you should listen to the undisputed master!

13 Likes

Natalie Merchant - Paradise is There

Just right on a cold frosty morning thinking of summer sunshine and warmth!

Phil

17 Likes

Thank you so much @crispyduck! Added to playlist. :sob: Tears of joy! I can’t wait. Imagine it will go down nice with some Peking crispy duck! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

There really is nothing to compare to hearing his Toccata and Fugue in D Minor on a live organ or on a hifi system with enormous bass drivers!

3 Likes

Steely Dan Gaucho / 2008 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / UICY93521

It’s perfection and grace
It’s the smile on my face

26 Likes

If you’re going to OD on organ music then you should have a listen to Widor. At our wedding, my wife and I left the church to the sound of Widor’s Toccata from his Symphony No 5 being played on the organ

9 Likes

First listen of her new album which dropped today.

1 Like

Keb’ Mo’ - Good To Be…

13 Likes