Steve Miller Band - Bingo

8 Likes

Yes - The Ladder
Always liked this later Yes output

13 Likes

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, on vinyl… :grinning: :notes: :+1:t3:

29 Likes

Foghat. Rock & roll.
Think it may have been @seakayaker who suggested this journey back to early 70s and pretty decent it still sounds.

8 Likes

John Mayer - Sob Rock.

7 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

On Vinyl:
718-4WmGCkL.AC_UY436_QL65

17 Likes

We used to (deliberately) call this album “Stone and Bun.”

2 Likes

Whatever happened to CD freebies? This is a rather good one :smiley:

8 Likes

John Lee Hooker - King of the Boogie.

100 boogieful choons from the master … … … All the John Lee you’ll ever need. :notes: :musical_note:

11 Likes

Now playing…

Little Village - Little Village

Ry Cooder (Guitar, Vocals), John Hiatt (Guitar, Vocals), Jim Keltner (Drums, Guitar, Percussion), Nick Lowe (Bass, Vocals) and Lenny Waronker (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… I gave this a spin last week after a mention from @AlanP and enjoyed it the music quite a bit… Now taking out for another spin to kick off the Wednesday morning and the music is sounding sweet!

11 Likes

Lennie Hibbert - Creation (Studio One)

A key figure on the Jamaican Jazz scene and in the development of JA music as a whole including Reggae. Vibraphonist Lennie Hibbert was a Band Master at the genuinely legendary Alpha Boys School (now Alpha Institute) helping to teach many of the great JA artists that emerged from Alpha.

Creation is his classic late sixties debut album fusing SoulJazz and early Reggae aided and abetted on some tracks by the great Keyboard player Jackie Mittoo and backed by The Sound Dimension.

The track Vilage Soul was used as the the theme tune for JBC Radio’s Sound Of Young Jamaica Show and many others here including the title track are the foundation for countless “versions” over the years.

Just check Winston The Whip Williams Jive talking intro to the show on this clip…

Lennie was awarded the JA Order Of Distinction, the highest honour for his services to JA music.

Nice to see this is available on digits from Bandcamp but some one needs to give this a decent physical re issue.

:heart:

3 Likes

That looks like a great set!
:+1:

2 Likes

Ennio Morricone

60 Years of Music

Just back from the movie’s, saw movie NOPE, not bad but on the bus home I couldn’t stop humming the western music so only one place to start, great compilation.

Edward

10 Likes

Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms. SACD. Linn Akurate CD.

19 Likes

Miles Davis - Bags Groove

Rather belatedly getting into the US Drama Bosch about the Jazz and vinyl loving Cop Harry Bosch.
The last episode I watched included a scene where hes listening in his car to Doxy from Bags Groove prompting me to rummage through my vinyl looking for my copy which appears to have gone awol. Damn!

This HiRes from Qobuz sounding pretty good though, great album and great line up

:heart:

11 Likes

Now Playing…

Sean Rowe - The Darkness Dressed in Colored Lights

Sean Rowe (Vocals, Guitar), Shane Leonard (Drums, Percussion), Jeremy Boetcher (Bass), Ben Lester (Keyboards, Pedal Steel), Courtney Hartman (Vocals, Guitar), Chris Carey (Bass), John DeHaven (Brass Section), Jeff Nania (Brass Section), and Joel Yannuzzi (Brass Section).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… kicking off today’s exercises with the latest album from Sean released in June 2022 and he and his band are sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it @seakayaker

1 Like

Well, that looks a nice selection Dave, I did however lose a bet with myself. As I scrolled down i thought the set would obviously open with “Boom Boom”, but, rather pleased it didn’t :smile:

1 Like