What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

John Mayer - The Search For Everything.

5 Likes

Lemon Jelly - Lost Horizons - 2002 CD Rip

Still sounds thoroughly original to my ears 20 years on. I’m sure I have their Radio 1 session somewhere, the one where they brilliantly use George Formby, Herb Alpert and Public Enemy ( not joking!) to wicked effect. Always puts a big smile on my face, and you can tell the guys really love music of all types.

7 Likes

Hi, @AlanP,

Yes, whilst it does contain all the big choons with which UK fans will be familiar, there’s lots in there to take folks deeper into John Lee’s work.

I’ve been a fan since schooldays, and one of my first L.P.s, bought with my saved up pocket money, (32/6d), was his “I’m John Lee Hooker” album.

For the first time ever, my Dad’s comment was “Well, now we’re getting somewhere” as he joined me for a listen.

Happy days.

11 Likes

Hi Dread,

Bosch is a total classic series. Michael Connolly’s books are good as well(of course).
Love the jazz choices Harry makes. Great Macintosh valve amp and what a view in that house overlooking L.A.

Hope you’re keeping well.

Adey

1 Like

Ah, so that’s where you got your good taste from :grinning:, nice memory.

1 Like

Yes he spent a fair bit of his time during WWll in the company of our American allies, which broadened his musical tastes no end.

I can vaguely recall some down home acoustic blues, in between the crooners and the bagpipe music.

S’all good.

2 Likes

2020 France RE momo and very good

4 Likes

Now playing…

Sean Rowe - Madman

Sean Rowe (Bass, Fender Rhodes, Glockenspiel, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Handclapping, Piano, Shaker, Vocals), Jimmy Affatigato (Clarinet), Ben Campbell (Upright Bass, Bowed Bass), Chris Carey (Bass, Drums, Farfisa Organ, Glockenspiel, Handclapping, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Prepared Piano, Tambourine, Wurlitzer), Cara May Corman (Vocals), Mikaela Davis (Harp), Rex Hussmann (Accordion, Gyil, Piano), Chris Kyle (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Kesang Marstrand (Vocals), Jeff Nania (Baritone Saxophone), Sarah Pedinotti (Piano, Vocals), Ari Picker (Strings), Troy Pohl (Bass, Casio, Baritone Guitar, Electric Guitar, Keyboards) and Chris Weatherly (French Horn, Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on as I am heading into the noon hour with my exercises and this fabulous album from Sean Rowe, ‘Madman.’ This is one sweet album and Sean and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

If anyone is interested then Amazon have a couple of playlists from Bosch.

1 Like

Not enough bagpipe music on this thread imo.
Now where did I put that Jesse Rae album.

3 Likes

I thought Dave’s reply was going so well, until he mentioned the pipes :grinning:

2 Likes

Honest!

5 Likes

I have had this on Vinyl for years. Really good imho and well recorded.

1 Like

What’s the name of the band?

51phPZM1LbL.AC
Lulu - A Little Soul In Your Heart.

6 Likes

Must ay bin yon mention o’ the pipes that’s got ye tuning’ intae wan o’ Glesca’s finest. :scotland:

1 Like

It isn’t an album at all, just a reply to Alan’s previous jest.

2 Likes

Just joking
:grin:

2 Likes

Well getting near to the end of ripping the CD’s onto the Core (2410) so far - last box half way done

Saw this and thought not played for ages……

20 Likes

You would think so, but I had already selected the album earlier. Honest.

1 Like