Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum
Loud and Primal, perhaps the start of Heavy Metal in 1968

3 Likes

Chicane behind the sun / 2003 Xtravaganza / UK CD + DVD Box Set / XTRAV10CD

3 Likes

81-XJmQZktL.SS500
Ten Years After - Watt.

8 Likes

Exploring Manchester Orchestra some more today.

1 Like

Isaac Hayes. Shaft
Background Sunday music.

7 Likes

The Monty Alexander Trio Montreux Alexander Live! / 1985 MPS / Germany CD / 8174872

4 Likes

Leigh Stephens - Red Weather
Solo project from Blue Cheer’s lead guitarist. Musically very different from Blue Cheer’s sledgehammer style. This is more psychedelic in the vain of Quicksilver Messenger Service and the Dead.

5 Likes

Some may have noted that I have been listening to WRTI 90.1 Jazz station on Internet radio.
Last night/early hours was listening to Jazz Jukebox programme and heard a brilliant track “Higher Ground” by Maceo Parker (and WBR Big Band) from the Soul Classics album. Brilliant.
Never heard of him - apparently played with James Brown and Prince and many solo ventures.

Went straight to Qobuz but no joy despite multiple ways to con the Qobuz search engine.
Found the album on The River (last copy) and coming tomorrow. So another for the ripped/never played pile.
The track is not amongst the three highlighted tracks for the album on AllMusic so should be interesting.

Maceo Parker - Soul Classics (2012).
This morning was looking at some of his other albums on Qobuz. Clicked on “see other albums” and there it was.
Just about to put a rocket up the french derriere when I found it was an album you could buy but not stream. Never mind it was £5 cheaper for the CD on The River. So a result.
Watch this space.

3 Likes

Diana Krall When I look in your eyes / 1999 Verve / US CD / IMPD304

14 Likes

John Lennon - Gimme Some Truth, the remixed compilation. The featured Walls And Bridges tracks sound great, so that should bode well for a suitable future box set.

11 Likes

Definitely Dave.
I am allowed until the 10.00 point in the dial :wink:

And the music continues to flow …

21 Likes

61HUmkt3V7L.SS500

Some trax off Ian Noe’s up and coming album due out late March.

2 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

Even though I have most of the albums I do like this comp.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Nicky Hopkins - The Tin Man Was A Dreamer

5 Likes

Last nights and this mornings listening.

2 Likes

Having watched the excellent and very atmospheric documentary I Called Him Morgan last night, kicking off with Lee at full tilt with Art Blakey and his buddy Wayne.

11 Likes