What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Earlier, Darkness on R4, a dramatisation of Byron’s eponymous poem. The scene is Geneva in 1816, ‘the year without a summer.’ The wayward poet meets Agnes March, a meteorologist, making observations and recordings beside the lake. Their meetings provide the dramatic tension, can Romanticism and the Enlightenment be reconciled?

I only caught the first half hour but will get the rest on listen again. From what I heard, recommended.

3 Likes

@ampwat, agree. I’m looking forward to hearing Tom’s performances.

Fabulous album

27 Likes

Foy Vance | Hope in the Highlands | 2020
A lovely live recording made in Dunvarlich a wee country house just up the road from here.

8 Likes

Just found the Cecil Taylor discussion on the jazz thread so playing my favourite live album of his Nefertiti the Beautiful One Has Come - although TBH they’re all live in practice.

Last saw him at the Barbican arse end of the 90s in a sensational duet with Max Roach. Before his solo first set he came on in psychedelic tunic leggings and pixie hat did a little dance with finger bells then just launched into a tumult of chords and notes that just didn’t stop. Absolutely breathtaking.

6 Likes

Eric Gale. Multiplication. Vinyl 1977. Sort of Jazz/Blues/R&B.

“Gale played guitar on hundreds of pop, jazz, and blues recordings, including those of the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Aretha Franklin, Carla Bley, Mose Allison, Marvin Gaye, Frank Sinatra, Johnny Hodges and Grover Washington Jr. Over the course of his 30-year career, he released many solo albums and remained a regular fixture in New York clubs and recording studios”. ( It says, not sure about the Beatles).

6 Likes

Sound Ancestors - Madlib/Kieran Hebden

3 Likes

St Germain - Tourist

Just trying this out on Qobuz.

What a belter this is. Brilliant recording. Cooler than a very cool thing.

Thanks to @seakayaker and others who have posted this one.

19 Likes

I say, is that the time already…must be War Oclock

Another dip into the spiffing War 5LP box

:heart:

9 Likes

11 Likes

Harvey Mason Chameleon / 2014 Concord / US CD / CRE3411302

2 Likes

I want you to get togethor :+1:

Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks

After Horace Tapscott I needed something just a bit more ‘normal’ to restore my ears. This is such a cracking album, which I’ve loved since I was in short trousers.

25 Likes

Playing Sticky Fingers in memory of my Mum I went to visit her resting pace today and an old school friend of ours Yinka had this beautiful
Wreath made.

32 Likes

Lovely Pure Pleasure vinyl reissue.

10 Likes

710LYykVYyL.SS500
Sting - Dream Of The Blue Turtles, backed up by some seriously good musicians, Sting is able to show some of his jazzier leanings, on this his debut solo album.

17 Likes

Now playing…

St Germain - Boulevard

St. Germain (aka: Ludopvic Navarre - Primary Artist), Alexandre Destrez (Piano), Pascal Ohsé (Trumpet), Édouard Labor (Saxophone), Malik (Flute) and Miguel “Punta” Rios (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Sunday morning with this very fine album from St Germain and joined by these five very talented musicians and they are sounding sublime!.. mellow, upbeat and they do slowly get the toes tapping, feet moving and body swaying first thing in the morning.

13 Likes

4 Likes

Listening to Radio BluesFlac on Internet radio
Just played “(I’m Gonna) Marry My Mother-in-Law” by Billy Jones & Delta Blues Outlaws.
Brilliant track - but maybe a step too far.

Then some Keb’ Mo - great station in flac.
(P.S. The Billy Jones & Delta Blues Outlaws album is on Qobuz).

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Desire

Well, how else do you follow BOTT?

23 Likes