What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

David Bowie - 1969 David Bowie

I love Space Oddity but it is difficult to play, it brings up very poignant memories.

17 Likes

That’s what music does, there’s hardly an album in my collection that doesn’t have some kind of memory attached to it.

4 Likes

Gary Burton, libertango. Listened to a couple of them now including Quartet Live, Lofty Fake Anagram and now listening to Libertango. The last track of LFA sounded like a sound check recording. All very enjoyable indeed.

4 Likes

Bobby Hutcherson ‎Happenings / 1986 Blue Note / Japan CD No Obi / CP325217

Vibraphone Bobby Hutcherson
Piano Herbie Hancock
Bass Bob Cranshaw
Drums Joe Chambers

11 Likes

One of my favourite discoveries of the last few years.

Tender Epoch - Rudy De Anda

1 Like

Beverly Kenney sings for Johnny Smith. It’s been a while. Time to give this another spin. Debut album in 1956. First of her only six albums.

3 Likes

18 Likes

James Taylor, hourglass. Giving this a good spin because I missed his feet. Oops, I mean his songs. :relaxed:

13 Likes

From Rudy to Horace, seamlessly.

13 Likes

28 Likes

Can’t shift this earworm, think its the simple drum part set against the guitar distortion and angst filled vocals.

2 Likes

Gillian Welch, the harrow and the harvest. :relaxed:

12 Likes

You could make a seamless transition from there to Pretzel Logic!

3 Likes

Yellowjackets Mint Jams / 2002 Heads Up / US CD x 2 / HUCD3065

3 Likes

Gillian Welch, all the good times. Her singing, harmony and strings are so immensely enjoyable, I have to play another one of her albums. :relaxed:

9 Likes

Chase Walker Band - Not Quite Legal

2 Likes

Patricia Barber - café blue - The Thrill is Gone

Following on from Melody Gardot’s My One and Only Thrill!

Revisiting old favourites - what can one say but definitely NO!

Phil

13 Likes

Bob Dylan - Oh Mercy (O.M.)

It had to be done. I’m playing this from Qobuz as it’s not one I own. Having read some bad reviews, I never bought it. However, although it’s not in the same league as BOTT or Desire, it is quite enjoyable nonetheless.

23 Likes

Meat Loaf, bat out of hell (live).

Reading a bit about the man who recently left us. It is reported that he begged people not to buy his most famous album bat out of hell because Sony only paid him pennies for loyalty over the years. Guess it is a case of poorly written contracts. Many here who know the industry can fill me in what happened.

Hope his family gets royalty from this album.

A bit about Meat Loaf from Rolling Stone.

5 Likes

John Patitucci Another World / 1993 GRP / France CD / GRP97252

John Patitucci Bass
John Beasley Piano, Synthesizer
Steve Tavaglione Saxophone
Jeff Beal Trumpet
Alex Acuña, Luis Conte Percussion
Will Kennedy, Dave Weckl Drums

2 Likes