What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Supertramp Breakfast in America

28 Likes

Stevie already made that point. But I do recall, I think it was Pete Townsend saying they had the record pressed that way so that his rock opera could be played completely/seamlessly on the radio

1 Like

Now that’s one I haven’t listened to for far too long. Must dig it out later.

Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

Hancock Island The Music Of Herbie Hancock / 2008 Chesky / US Hybrid SACD / SACD34

10 Likes

16 Likes

Till Brönner Blue Eyed Soul / 2002 Verve / Germany CD / 0168792

5 Likes

How strange

1 Like

Yes I had to look twice to make sure it was the original cover art and not someone’s piss take.

1 Like

17 Likes

Sonny Clark Cool Struttin’ / 1999 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349532724

19 Likes

One for the conspiracy theorists :joy:

Another selection prompted by the news

blackmail-bliss-please-Cover-Art

20220125_122645

10 Likes

Arrived in the post 10 mins ago…

11 Likes

Lenny White Edge / 1998 Hip Bop / US CD / HIBD8019

Lenny White Drums
Patrice Rushen Piano, Synth
Victor Bailey, Foley Bass
Nick Moroch Guitar
Bennie Maupin, Danny Walsh Saxophone

5 Likes

Yes, I hadn’t played it in a good while, tend to gravitate to the debut.

Dread and @Pete_the_painter , joking apart I always took the figure to represent Revolution member Matt “Dr.” Fink who played keyboards. Apparently bored of having covers featuring himself Prince suggested incorporating elements of the song lyrics and the band into the cover artwork. It’s certainly eclectic.

2 Likes

It reminds me of the western swing bandleader Spade Colley. He murdered his wife.

I’m not very au fai with that particular album, what’s the significance/point of the mask if any?

71Vaz7oS5aL.SS500
Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever, a “solo” album, Jeff Lynne’s fingerprints are all over this album, plus appearances from Harrison, Orbison and various Heartbreakers.

21 Likes