What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

No dog or sun glasses. He died soon after this was in 2001.

1 Like

Or so I have read … :innocent:

1 Like

Surely not another past visitor, now in De Nile?

Toumani Diabaté and The London Symphony Orchestra ‎– Kôrôlén
CD|2021

9 Likes

Camel | Nude | 1981
A late and underrated album by Camel at the end of their second phase of prog-rock releases.

14 Likes

Just Finished…

FINK - IIUII (It Isn’t Until It Is)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicked off the day with Fink’s ‘IIUII’ and his music is mighty fine! …a lovely album to ease into the day.

Now playing…

India.Arie - Acoustic Soul

India.Arie (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Mark Batson (Bass, Drums, Fender Rhodes, Keyboards, Mellotron, Organ, Percussion,Synthesizer), John Catchings (Cello), Duane Covert (Vocals), Larry Goldings (Organ, Wurlitzer), Steve Grossman (Drums, Percussion), Tony Harrell (Keyboards), Kerisha Hicks (Vocals), Judeth Insel (Viola), Avery Johnson (Bass), Bashiri Johnson (Percussion), Doug Kahan (Bass), Terry MacMillan (Percussion), Blue Miller (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Bob Power (Bass, Guitar), Marlene Rice (Violin), Ralph Rolle (Drums), Joyce Simpson (Vocals), David Spak (Percussion), Laurnea Wilkerson (Vocals) and Nioka Workman (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with India.Arie and she and the talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! One very sweet album…

13 Likes

AURORA - The Gods We Can Touch

First listen, no sneaky previews; but I thoroughly enjoy the four other albums I have by this characterful Norwegian singer/songwriter…
… loving it so far - phew!
(Impatient download purchase, couldn’t wait for a CD in the post!)

2 Likes

Watchhouse - Watchhouse
CD|2021

Enjoyable folk album.

3 Likes

Bobbie Cryner, Girl Of Your Dreams. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

1 Like

The Soft Machine’s eponymous debut album (1969). Good old jazzy psychedelic prog-rock from the Canterbury boys.

14 Likes

Yes….you asked……i had forgot.

St Germain Des Prés Vinyl Sessions Blues Café / 2014 Music Brokers / Mexico CD x 2 / MBB7170

4 Likes

10 Likes

Also of course features the sublime, Don’t Interrupt The Sorrow, latterly covered by the shameful, Islamophobe Morrissey. His version, aside from this badge wearing allegiances, is phenomenal.

1 Like

Lucinda Williams - World Without Tears

No reason. But sounds great.

8 Likes

Completed last week a bit more my collection of recordings of Jansons and this orchestra. Now a first run of his Mahler Nr. 1…

11 Likes

Another small thread drift, sorry.

@Gazza

Seriously though, would you have visiting between '79 / '82?

I remember there being some great ska and reggae being pumped out by the sound systems.

Or were you more of a lunchtime session visitor? :flushed: :wink:

Israel Vibration. The same song.
We all gonna sing the same song, we all gonna jam the same jam.

Also includes dub versions.

1 Like

Interesting - it is indeed a glorious track - although I for one won’t touch anything Motormouth does with a bargepole.

Try this amazing quality…brilliant musicianship…and vocals amazing…

1 Like