What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Not played in ages. From their Heady Nugs box. The Soft Bulletin.

10 Likes

Yep you can clean my place first. :grin:

1 Like

Don’t stop there - this guy was a genius.

Backtracking through his catalogue just gets better.

8 Likes

Mozart, requiem conducted by Karl Böhm. Happy birthday Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. :birthday:

Feel like giving requiem a good play. Thank you @Debs.

And the lyrics in English.

11 Likes

CD - from the 5CD Archie Shepp 1997 Verve Music Group set : )

<<>>

Archie Shepp - tenor saxophone
John Tchicai - alto saxophone
Alan Shorter - trumpet
Roswell Rudd - trombone
Reggie Workman - bass
Charles Moffett - drums

Recorded at Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey on 10th August 1964

<<>>

10 Likes

Supa K: Heavy Tremors - Quakers.

More genius from Stones Throw label’s own DJ Shadow(s).

2 Likes

41Jx9tQpJcL.AC
The Crusaders - Finest Hour.

7 Likes

Heard her on Jools recently, and now it’s my favourite album to stream from Qobuz. Great stuff!

1 Like

Sharon Kam, Mozart: clarinet concerto. Listening to this delightful album after requiem feels like a great desert after a beautiful heavy course. :relaxed:

6 Likes

With the wonderful Joe Pass on guitar

9 Likes

Now playing…

Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean

Tori Amos (Fender Rhodes, Hammond Organ, Vocals, Wurlitzer), Matt Chamberlain (Drums, Percussion), Jon Evans (Electric Bass, Upright Bass), Mark Hawley (Guitar), Phil Shenale (Marxophone, Optigan, Hammond Organ, Sampling, Synthesizer) and Tash (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… returning from my annual visit with my cardiologist, and another good visit so next visit scheduled for next year, and now continuing on this afternoon with Tori’s latest release, October 28, 2021 and Tori and the band is sounding sublime!

13 Likes

814ISFKyu6L.SS500
Emmylou Harris - Hotel.

16 Likes

Well, I have tried to enjoy Brork’s last few albums over recent years but had to admit defeat tonight with this one. Tracks drag on and on without proper tunes or any focus. Vespertine was her high water mark imo, but she has been on a decline since then.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Matthew Halsall - Salute to the Sun

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet), Matthew Cliffe (Flute, Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Maddie Herbert (Harp), Gavin Barras (Acoustic Bass), Alan Taylor (Drums), Jack McCarthy (Percussion), Liviu Gheorghe (Piano, Kalimba, Marimba) and Tom Harriss (Kalimba).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Matthew and his very talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! I ordered a ‘Salute To The Sun’ t-shirt from Matthew’s site on Bandcamp and it has been delivered so thought I would take the album out for a spin…

8 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

I seem to recall that came out in 2016. Shame that he passed away a couple of years back.

1 Like

Nick drake - Heaven In A Wild Flower, a compilation from '85.

11 Likes

Australian Crawl More Wharf (Greatest Hits).

2 Likes

but did you?