What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Friday evening calls for some Bicep!

2 Likes

Now playing…

Erlend Viken - SASTRUGI

Erlend Viken (Fiddle, Hardingfele, Octave Fiddle, Vocals), Ellen Andrea Wang (Double Bass, Vocals), Erlend Dahlen (Drums, Percussion), Tuva Syvertsen (Vocals), Marius Graff (Guitar, Electric Guitar, Banjo, Vocals) and Maija Kauhanen (Kantele, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning with Erlend’s SASTRUGI album which I took out for a spin last week and enjoyed quite a bit… and Erlend and his talented group of musicians are sounding sublime!

1 Like

Prefab Sprout - Protest Songs.

7 Likes

I’ve been giving this one several listens since it arrived - it’s a wonderful album with the remaster that it deserves. Love the track ‘Lady Day and John Coltrane’ among many.

1 Like

Reissue of an obscure 1970s private press US jazz LP. Great stuff:

2 Likes

1965 - The Beatles // Help

19 Likes

Some more Ryan Adams. CD. Some great songs here.

Pneumonia is the third and final studio album by the alternative country band Whiskeytown, released on May 22, 2001 on Lost Highway Records. The album is noted for its troubled history which saw the band lose its record deal in the midst of the merger between Polygram and UMC and the already volatile band fell apart as a result.”

5 Likes

Joining you with some Christians

Harvest For The World, a non album covers single.

4 Likes

1966 - The Rolling Stones // Aftermath

20 Likes

Blast from the past, Paul Hardcastle and Karen Kenyon Don’t waste my time.

2 Likes

Jerry Lee Lewis
An icon who died today aged 87.

Great Balls of Fire - recorded in ONE take.

10 Likes

Tidalising some new material from Mdou Moctar. Gloriously rough and ready - sat round the camp :fire: with them.

2 Likes

Vinyl. My favourite version of TMWSTW:

13 Likes

Some trax off the new Mother Hips album due out 27th Jan next year.
I have followed this band on and off for almost 30 years.

1 Like

Chrissie Hynde with The Valve Bone Woe Ensemble - Valve Bone Woe.

12 Likes

Procol Harum. Broken Barracades.
Thanks for the reminder Steve. Queued up :+1:

3 Likes

Jerry Lee Lewis - Live at the Star Club, Hamburg

7 Likes

Now playing…

Marius Neset - Happy

Marius Neset (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Elliot Galvin (Keyboards), Magnus Hjorth (Piano), Conor Chaplin (Electric Bass) and Anton Eger (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the noon hour with after a mention from @BertBird above and in the Jazz thread regarding the album from Marius and the quintet is sounding mighty happy on the opening track! …looking forward to the rest of the album!

2 Likes

Bruce Springsteen. Darkness on the edge of town.
The votes are in, it’s official. This is his best album.
Well it is tonight imo :sunglasses:

20 Likes

3 Likes