What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Marcin Wasilewski Trio - Live

Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double Bass), Michal Miskiewicz (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this morning with this ‘Live’ album from Marcin with his trio and the music is simply beautiful! One very sweet album…

1 Like

Eric Clapton | Slowhand | 1977
Sticking with Clapton which is unusual (for me) but he is sounding very good tonight.

16 Likes

Roxy - 1972

20 Likes

Elton John. Honky Chateau.
Elton and some excellent musicians make this one of his finest albums.

17 Likes

Emerson Lake & Palmer | 1970
Their eponymous debut after getting together from other fine bands: Atomic Rooster, Nice and King Crimson. They made some great music in their own style and were at the forefront of progressive rock for a while.

18 Likes

New Land’s brilliant reissue of a Mingus classic.

8 Likes
1 Like

Please feedback

Me to (love the album that is).

Sounding great.

13 Likes

This has appeared a lot lately.
Looks like I’m going to have to give it a try tomorrow :thinking:

2 Likes

Now playing…

Anais Mitchell - Xoa

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… a mention from @QuickSticks and @carruthersesq had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and Anais is sounding sublime! Love her music…

8 Likes

It’s a classic album, if you don’t already know it @QuickSticks and well worth listening to.

1 Like

Teenage Fanclub - Shadows. Although from 2010, I think this is as good as their albums from their 1990s heyday.

5 Likes

Peter Frampton Band - Frampton Forgets The Words.

10 Likes

I first discovered her in 2008 with Hymns for the exiled, followed her ever since. Her eponymous 2022 album is excellent. You should also check out Bonny Light Horseman where she collaborates with a few musicians.

3 Likes

Madeleine Peyroux live gig from 2006. Officially recorded but not released.

5 Likes

More Mingus - can you ever have too much? 1964 Live in Hamsterdam. French Ulysse vinyl. The sextet includes Eric Dolphy & Clifford Jordan. Highlight is a marvelous 30 minute Fables of Faubus (split across two sides grrr).

7 Likes

One of my favourite classical releases this year

1 Like

A wonderful Tori Amos short gig in 1996. Officially recorded but never released. SQ is outstanding.

9 Likes