What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Talk Talk Spirit of Eden rehearsal tape

11 Likes

A forum member ordered this earlier (on CD) which reminded me I haven’t heard it (on vinyl) in a while…

17 Likes

Band of horses, infinite arms. What other countries have public holiday for football game and horse racing I wonder. :relaxed:

It’s Melbourne Cup day today.

9 Likes

John Mayer - Heavier Things, haven’t really appreciated this album previously, but enjoying it this evening.

8 Likes

Peter Gabriel - So. I was scanning my LPs wondering what to play and this classic 80s record caught my eye.

32 Likes

Now Playing…

Anouar Brahem - Blue Maqams

Anouar Brahem (Oud), Dave Holland (Double Bass), Jack DeJohnette (Drums) and Django Bates (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Monday afternoon with Anouar Brahem and his talented quartet and they are sounding sublime! …one very sweet album.

3 Likes

Not the best recording, but what a pair. Yes, a touch croaky and occasionally off-key - but aren’t we all? Love it.

G

10 Likes

Currently working my way through some Talk Talk and Mark Hollis archival recordings.

10 Likes

Stevie Nicks, in your dreams. :relaxed:

10 Likes

Really melodic ,great album. Sylvie,by Sylvie

6 Likes

Listened to earlier in the day. The latest Bros Landreth.

5 Likes

Didn’t know about this release,have all the rest,looks like another purchase.

1 Like

On vinyl: Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Trust.

11 Likes

The blurb

Recorded completely live with no overdubs, studio wizardry, or second chances, The DIG 3 carry on like a delta juke band on a Saturday night. Downhome & funky with great vocals & harmonica & gut bucket guitar.

5 Likes

Tom Petty - Wallflowers.

16 Likes

Ed Wynne : Shimmer Into Nature. 2018, vinyl
Not surprisingly a very Ozric Tentacles feel to this one but a very nice pressing indeed from KScope

6 Likes

Esperanza Spalding – Esperanza from 2007.

6 Likes

Good grief!

Not my usual cup of tea, but what a recording.

Atmosphere, room, space, realism…

With beautiful voices and playing.

And a bit Christmasy…

x x x

And for the geeks amongst us, the sleeve notes describe the technology used to capture music in large spaces. Fascinating.

5 Likes

This unbelievably talented bassist/singer/composer’s debut:

6 Likes

Just Finished…

Katie Melua - Acoustic Album No. 8

Katie Melua (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals) and Simon Goff (Violin).

Streamed on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Monday afternoon with Katie and she is sounding mighty sublime! …I do love the Acoustic version of this album.

6 Likes