What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Michel Benita - Looking At Sounds

Michel Benita (Double Bass, Laptop), Matthieu Michel (Fluegelhorn), Jozef Dumoulin (Fender Rhodes, Electronics) and Philippe Garcia (Drums, Electronics).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this Monday afternoon with Michel’s sweet album from September of 2020 and he and the quartet are sounding sublime! One lovely album…

1 Like

Men at Work Business as Usual

14 Likes

Bruce Springsteen, western stars. :relaxed:

19 Likes

My Little Pony: A new generation. Let’s just say maybe there are kids in the house. Only twenty minutes long and I did enjoy it. I will get my coat. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Powder Finger Odyssey Number 5

1 Like

Taylor Swift, midnights. I never quite got used to Taylor Swift. Thought I might try playing this after my little pony. It worked. :relaxed:

9 Likes

Now playing…

Elina Duni - Lost Ships

Elina Duni (Voice), Rob Luft (Guitar), Fred Thomas (Piano, Drums) and Matthieu Michel (Flugelhorn).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… closing out this Monday with Elina’s ‘Lost Ships’ and, as always, she and her talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! This is one fine album…

3 Likes

Alannah Myles, rockinghorse. :relaxed:

4 Likes

On hearing the new version my immediate impression was that it sounded noticeably better than any version I’d heard before. That feeling still holds. I’m not particularly interested in the mono versions, so it’s a delight that the new version gives a much better, more realistic, stereo presentation. The bass and drums are much cleaner, with the bass being slightly more prominent (or maybe it’s just a little clearer). I know it’s a hifi cliché, but it is just like a veil being removed, with everything clearer and easy to follow. That being said, the original stereo album is no dead duck and if I hadn’t heard the new version, it would have still been fine, but I doubt it’ll get played much, or at all, from here on.

I hope that helps.

4 Likes

Goldfrapp, strict machine. :relaxed:

11 Likes

Dominic Miller & Neil Stacey New Dawn / 2002 Naim / Austria CD / naimcd066

1 Like

Thank you Clive. Good feedback.

1st time after recent download

1 Like

Tubular bells. 50th anniversary edition.
I didn’t reach the end of part one.

Mike Oldfield. Tubular bells. Original edition.
That’s more like it.

18 Likes

Oscar Peterson Trio with Milt Jackson Very Tall / 1999 Verve / Germany CD / 5598302

Oscar Peterson Piano
Milt Jackson Vibraphone
Ray Brown Bass
Ed Thigpen Drums

10 Likes

23 Likes

We listened to 90% on Sunday.
Tubular Bells is my wife’s all time favourite piece of music, but we had to skip part 2 after dear old Brian started GRUNTING…
The additional material on the end (Ommadawn etc) was decent, but we do prefer the UNADULTERATED original🤷🏻‍♂️

2 Likes

Another fine album from him…

On CD:-

61iZZrEPvCL._AC_1

Symphony No.1 from this box set

9 Likes

Another one to enjoy…