What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Some Arab infused jazz. Out yesterday and on Qobuz. I’m one track in and really enjoying it

3 Likes

Acute, obtuse, right or maybe straight?
:wink::heart:

1 Like

Not sure if that was Siri or the fact I’ve had a few with mates. Cheers :+1:

1 Like

I’d go with the latter, hic! :+1:

1 Like

Not played for a while and that needed to be be corrected! Great album

Atb
Kk

6 Likes

Something German for lunch today…

19 Likes

Pink Floyd - The Wall

I just said on the Wall thread that I’d have a listen to the 24/96 version on Qobuz over lunch. Although not my favourite PF album, it does contain some excellent tunes. It’s quite a harrowing listen though.

28 Likes

Dwight Yoakam, Guitars Cadillacs. Qobuz. Uniti Nova.

9 Likes

Friday lunchtime cab session

Graham Collier - British Conversations (Tidal)

Checking this out, it’s on my vinyl shortlist (actually a very and increasingly long list)

*As someone else also mentioned here recently a name I seem to have wrongly associated with Trad Jazz bands, so very wrong and it’s so very good

Great to see/hear Barbadian Harry Beckett as well, with really fine guitar playing (especially Bluesy on Mackeral Sky) from Ed Speight who is new to me

open-uri20210827-6632-1bxmy0q.jpeg

To commemorate the 10th year since the passing of esteemed British jazz composer, bassist and bandleader Graham Collier, My Only Desire Records presents this 1975 recording of his previously unreleased suite British Conversations.

The recording features lead soloists trumpeter Harry Beckett and guitarist Ed Speight, alongside The Swedish Radio Jazz Group - made up of the hottest players on the '70s Scandi jazz scene - including saxophonists Arne Domnérus, Claes Rosendahl and Lennart Åberg, trumpeter Jan Allan, pianist Bengt Hallberg, guitarist Rune Gustafsson and drummer Egil Johansen. Collier steers the band through the five-part suite that encompasses beautifully composed melodies, driving jazz rock and as many extremes as the British weather that inspired its name.

Remastered from the original tapes by Caspar Sutton-Jones @ Gearbox Records, British Conversations comes with sleeve notes by Graham Collier biographer Duncan Heining. Graham Collier (1937 - 2011) was one of the most accomplished, popular and collectable British jazz artists during the Brit-jazz heyday of the '60s and '70s, with his career of musically challenging yet hugely rewarding albums spanning five decades. His early LPs Deep Dark Blue Centre (Deram, 1967), Down Another Road (Fontana, 1969) and Darius (Mosaics, 1974,) are rightly considered classics of the era. Released in co-operation with the Collier estate, we hope this wonderful record leads to many new people discovering and enjoying the music of Graham Collier.

*edit: just realised I’m confusing with Ken Colyer, doh!

:heart:

4 Likes

Ramsey Lewis The Electric Collection / 1991 Columbia / Austria CD / 4679032

4 Likes

UB40. Labour of Love. Vinyl. I have the first three “Labour of Love” cover version albums and really enjoy the songs. There is a 4th which I have not heard. I have no original material UB40 albums.

10 Likes

Try checking out the original versions of the songs :+1:

4 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire Gratitude / 2012 Sony / Japan Blu-spec CD x 2 / Paper Sleeve / SICP203556

9 Likes

39 Likes

After a day having our gas fire removed to do a smoke test on an apparently blocked chimney (it wasn’t) where the gas engineer blithely shifted my loudspeaker to store the fire bits, I’m now listening to ‘too close together’ ‘speakers until Tuesday.

It would be just grand if my 300DR arrived on Monday so I could re-set everything just the once.

Dream on.

G

18 Likes

Does anyone know the latest on if and when this is getting a physical release?

This Qobuz stream sounds great.

19 Likes

21 Likes

Moving on…

G

22 Likes

I suppose I’d better join in!

The Beatles - Get Back, the rooftop performance

7 Likes

The Beatles.Get back rooftop performance.
And then maybe somebody could explain why it wasn’t included in the recent 6 disc Let it be box set.

5 Likes