What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

If you can’t beat them….
Rooftop performance streamed 16/44 from Tidal.

19 Likes

Field Music - commontime

I seem to be playing this CD more and more, after being initially a bit nonplussed. Catchy, quirky, pop.

3 Likes

This is one of my favourite Blue Note albums and I think one of the reasons is because of the vibe playing of Bobby Hutcherson. However Getting’ Around is beautiful from start to finish, demonstrating that Dexter Gordon and the Blue Note label were a magical combination.

Music Matters Jazz 33rpm release.

17 Likes

9 Likes

I’ve been there also with a gas engineer trying to get behind one of my Allae’s, leaning and tipping the top box on its pips, I told him how much my bill would be!

1 Like

I don’t know this one - hopefully it’ll be reissued in the Tone Poet series one day. The other fabulous aspect of Blue Note is the cover art, overseen by Reid Miles. The combination of typeface and image draws you to almost any Blue Note LP. The composition of this one is great.

1 Like

Elvis Presley - The Sun Studio Sessions

Sometimes nothing else will do.

8 Likes

Procal Harum - Home (from 1970)

Robin Trower is brilliant on this album.

10 Likes

The Tone Poet issues of Bobby Hutcherson as leader are also very good. Oblique and The Kicker :+1:

2 Likes

Unlikely, I’m sure Joe Harley has said the Tone Poets wont duplicate titles from Music Matters

1 Like

Now playing…

Mathias Eick - The Door

Mathias Eick (Trumpet, Guitar, Vibraphone), Jon Balke (Piano, Fender Rhodes), Audun Erlien (Electric Bass, Guitar), Audun Kleive (Drums, Percussion) and Stian Carstensen (Pedal Steel Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Friday morning with Mathias’s “The Door” and Mathias and the talented members of the quintet are sounding sublime! This is one very sweet album…

3 Likes

On late 70s vinyl, my second favourite Dame:

21 Likes

Jean-Luc Ponty Storytelling / 1989 Columbia / US CD / CK45252

7 Likes

Now playing…

Jon Balke - Siwan

Jon Balke (Keyboards, Conductor), Barokksolistene: Amina Alaoui (Vocal), Jon Hassell (Trumpet, Electronics), Kheir Eddine M’Kachiche (Violin), Helge Norbakken (Percussion), Pedram Khavar Zamini (Zarb), Bjarte Eike (Violin), Per Buhre (Violin), Peter Spissky (Violin), Anna Ivanovna Sundin (Violin), Miloš Valent (Violin), Rastko Roknic (Viola),Joel Sundin (Viola), Tom Pitt (Violoncello), Kate Hearne (Violoncello), Mattias Frostensson (Double-Bass), Andreas Arend (Theorboe, Archlute) and Hans Knut Sveen (Harpsichord, Clavichord).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24… continuing on this morning and on into the noon hour with Jon Balke’s ‘Siwan’ album and he is accompanied by an extremely talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! One very sweet album… A lovely album to listen to while starting up today’s exercise routine.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Eels | Witchcraft
My first outing with Mark Oliver Everetts’ latest that was released today.

6 Likes

Well, here’s a surprise!

17 Likes

Archie Shepp - On This Night

CD - from the 5 Original Albums boxset : )

<>

Archie Shepp: tenor saxophone, piano, recitation
Bobby Hutcherson – vibes (tracks 1–5)
Joe Chambers – drums, timpani (tracks 1 & 5)
Ed Blackwell – rhythm logs (tracks 2, 3 & 6)
Henry Grimes – bass (tracks 1–5)
Rashied Ali – drums (tracks 1–3)
David Izenzon: bass (tracks 6–10)
J.C. Moses: drums (tracks 4 & 6–10)
Christine Spencer: vocals (track 1)

Recordings from Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ / 1965

<>

7 Likes

Play Procol Harum a lot and although I have that on cd I never reach for it. Not sure why so queued up for later. Thanks for nudge :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Beccy Cole, Australian Country singer very enjoyable.

4 Likes