What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

It was “Wet Leg” that just about did it for me🤷🏻‍♂️
I don’t know if it’s a lack of Imagination or a surfeit. This sounds like an entry for the “I’m to old… etc” thread🤯

1 Like

Red House Painters , more 4AD gorgeousness.

8 Likes

All About Eve is the self-titled first album of All About Eve. Commercially, this was their most successful, reaching No. 7 in the UK charts and spawning four Top 40 singles”
Another of my Wife’s CDs. Contains “Martha’s Harbour” and the wonderful “In the Clouds”.

Wiki says:

11 Likes

Kassi Valazza – Dear Dead Days
CD|2019

Country, country rock.

1 Like

Emerson, Lake & Palmer | Tarkus | 1971
Classic ELP, this one ripped from a fine sounding German CD c/o Manticore.

14 Likes

Daughter, If You Leave. Beautiful layers and textures.

5 Likes

Genesis - Wind & Wuthering - 1976
On vinyl

22 Likes

Struggling to get photos up for some reason?
*oh there you go.

Heard this band was pretty good, so I thought it merited a new vinyl purchase.

23 Likes

1975 - Keith Jarrett // The Köln Concert

14 Likes

Could be an age thing @Anonymoot :wink:

1 Like

I think they are a covers band - the original is much better.

16 Likes

Now playing…

Andy Sheppard Quartet - Surrounded by Sea

Andy Sheppard (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Eivind Aarset (Guitar), Michel Benita (Double Bass) and Sebastian Rochford (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the noon hour with 'Surrounded By Sea, from Andy and he and the quartet are sounding sublime! …a cold and overcast day with high winds and heavy rains forecasted later today in the city and for snow in the mountains. A quick check outside and moved all the loose items in the garden to inside the garage and checked the drains down the street to make sure the were clear of leaves and debris to make sure no flooding occurs. Now settling in with Andy’s music and he and the members of the quartet are making the day a lot better…

4 Likes

Keeping with the cowboy hat theme …

Sierra Ferrell – Long Time Coming
CD|2021

Country

5 Likes

Just like all those artists who covered Linda Ronstadt!

1 Like

SRV and Double Trouble | Soul To Soul | 1985

15 Likes

LOL :joy:
rut01-please-uk

17 Likes

It had to end.

12 Likes

Never mind The Beatles heres The Termites…

The Termites - Do The Rock Steady (Heartbeat Original Studio One Masters)

The duo of Wentworth Vernal and Lloyd Parkes classic Studio One Rocksteady album circa 1968, absolutely sublime vocal duo and superb sound from the Heartbeat label.
Wentworth Vernal faded into obscurity but Lloyd Parkes went on to form the brilliant Lloyd Parkes And We The People Band with Lloyd leading on Bass and still active today.

:heart:

5 Likes

6 Likes