What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

That’s a good album John, but I still can’t get away with the Little Sodbury church sermon interspersing the music .

1 Like

Roy Orbison - Mystery Girl.

14 Likes

No never mind The Rutles

2 Likes

Allman Brothers Band. Self titled and Idlewild south.
Back to back first two albums. Live versions of some tracks longer than either studio album.
Bonus tracks on qobuz edition including 45 minute Mountain jam which Donovan shortened and added words :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Jorah Jones, feels like home. :relaxed:

17 Likes

Now playing…

Andy Sheppard - Movements in Colour

Andy Sheppard (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), John Parricelli (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics), Arild Andersen (Double-Bass, Electronics) and Kuljit Bhamra (Tabla, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… I’m continuing on into the early afternoon with another album from Andy and he and this talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! Simply wonderful music, I do love this album…

5 Likes

Ry Cooder, the prodigal son. :relaxed:

16 Likes

Finally, getting to listen to this 49-cent thrift store pickup:

5 Likes

Sting - The Soul Cages.

12 Likes

The Beatles, get back - the roof top performance. There is always something magical about live performances. :relaxed:

On 30 January 1969, the Beatles performed an impromptu concert from the rooftop of their Apple Corps headquarters at 3 Savile Row, in central London’s office and fashion district. Joined by keyboardist Billy Preston, the band played a 42-minute set before the Metropolitan Police arrived and ordered them to reduce the volume. It was the final public performance of their career.

Source: The Beatles - Rooftop Performance Concert

15 Likes

There’s people out there turning music into gold.

1 Like

A number of trax of this release due out late January next year.

11 Likes

Liked China Crisis back in the day….but never heard this one, second involving Walter Becker of Steely Dan.

10 Likes

Bella White – Just Like Leaving
CD|2020

Bluegrass. Always an enjoyable listen.

4 Likes

Now playing…

Carla Bley - Trios

Carla Bley (piano), Andy Sheppard (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone) and Steve Swallow (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this Thursday afternoon Carla, Andy and Steve and this fantastic trio are sounding sublime!

7 Likes

Paul Simon - Stranger To Stranger.

15 Likes

Another thrift store vinyl pickup:

A 1976 release, which the album jacket informs us is “also available on 8-track and cassette.”

4 Likes

Alela Diane – Looking Glass
CD|2022

8 Likes

I’ve been meaning to get this 2021 release for a while. It’s No Medium by Rosali. It’s in a country rock / Americana vein and Rosali’s voice is reminiscent of Aimee Mann and Chrissie Hynde. Erin Osmon, reviewing the album for Uncut magazine, stated “……melds Linda Ronstadt’s tender command with Crazy Horse-esque exploration for the most powerful country-rock barn burner in recent memory……”. Quite.

8 Likes

Thanks for the writeup, @Neil-26. Sounds like something to check out.