What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

4 Likes

Led Zeppelin, IV. Thanks @Debs. Happy birthday John Paul Jones. @dave-marshall, I am very jealous! :wink:

33 Likes

Knight Area - I prefer their earlier albums such as this, which I’ve not listened to in ages:

Drat, the live album ‘Rising Signs from the Shadows’ seems to have sold out and has disappeared from streaming platforms.

On ‘the tewb’ while it lasts I guess, possibly better than the released albums, just has that live energy:

1 Like

Places & Spaces - Donald Byrd.

Funky.

9 Likes

Sure you would like GRP Super Live with Dave Grusin, Chick Corea, Lee Ritenour, Diane Schuur, Tom Scott

Jill Scott - Beautifully Human.

I remember going to see Jill for the first time when she played at Shepherd’s Bush while touring this album. It was a fantastic concert, she had that uncanny ability to make it feel like she was singing just for you, to you. Such a talented lady; singer, poet, performer, I became a huge fan ever since. I never tire of listening to this album, or indeed any of her albums…

12 Likes

Buhaina’s Delight - Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers.

I have the BN80 (or is it BN75, I can’t remember) vinyl, but the Qobuz stream on the Nova sounds superb.

12 Likes

Joanne has become one of the most highly-regarded rock guitarists on the contemporary scene, released a string of albums as a solo artist, and has seen her music break into the UK Top 20 Album Chart. She’s a volcanic guitarist full of ideas and tones as well as a dynamic and emotive singer with a true gift.

11 Likes

Joanne Shaw Taylor, Blues covers produced by Joe Bonnamossa.

Now playing…

Melanie De Biasio - No Deal

Melanie De Biasio (Vocals, Flute), Pascal Mohy (Piano), Pascal Paulus (Clavinet, Synth) and Dré Pallemaerts (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on into the afternoon with a little Melanie and she and band are sounding sublime!

10 Likes

Yoko Ono Feeling The Space
Ryko reissue CD.
Lovely.

5 Likes

LP - GO!! BEAT 2008 Reissue : )

<>

Beth Gibbons – vocals
Geoff Barrow – Rhodes piano, drums, programming
Adrian Utley – guitar, bass guitar, theremin, Hammond organ, string arrangements

Additional musicians

Clive Deamer – drums (tracks 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Gary Baldwin – Hammond organ (tracks 5, 6, 7)
Neil Solman – Rhodes piano (tracks 2, 8), Hammond organ (track 2)
Richard Newell – drum programming (track 4)
Andy Hague – trumpet (track 9)
Dave McDonald — nose flute (track 8)

Recorded at State of Art and Coach House Studios, Bristol. 1993/1994

<<>> <<>> <<>>

Happy 57th Birthday Beth Gibbons! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born on 4th January 1965 in Exeter, Devon, England :uk:

22 Likes

Moishes Bagel because I consider the mix that goes into their music, with the predominant genre being Klezmer, not only produces a uniquely distinctive sound but a genuinely stimulating and rewarding listen. The whole is (oh this is a cliché) greater than the sum of the parts. I imagine that most will have never heard of this talented outfit, but give them a little time and see if you can reap the rewards. If you are listening with Tidal, try the albums Salt, or Don’t Spare the Horses. Otherwise, I would go with Uncle Roland’s Flying Machine which is my personal favourite MB album. If you try just one track, I would suggest searching out Timgad from the Uncle Roland album. I also recommend finding the cover of Timgad performed by the Brodick Quartet that is available on YouTube. If you like what you hear, spread the word and don’t keep it to yourself.

2 Likes

I treated myself for Christmas the great recording of Junior Wells, I also Brought my Wife the Mofi Carole King Tapestary album and I managed to get two great albums from a gift voucher I received. Midnight Oil & Missy Higgins. What a great way to start the New Year of the Tiger 2022.

11 Likes

War Why Can’t We Be Friends

10 Likes

To start the day…

The Last Dinosaur - 2017 The Nothing

1 Like

Vance Joy Dream You’re Life Away

1 Like

Leonard Cohen The Future

10 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes