What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Charlie Haden & Gonzalo Rubalcaba - Tokyo Adagio

I remember this from when I had an NDS and Naim Audio engineers had just made it possible to stream from Tidal. It’s a gorgeous album. I streamed it several times and then suddenly it was no longer available, but that was ok as I’d seen it on Amazon for £3.99. But for some reason I didn’t buy it. It’s now £31.45.

Currently streaming from Qobuz whilst thinking about cooking dinner. Check it out.

6 Likes

Was it Hindenburg sized?

1 Like

Biosphere - N-Plants - 2011

Each track named after a Japanese nuclear plant.
I’d probably do the same stuck in a Tromsø studio this time of year?
Biosphere_-_N-Plants

1 Like

The Stone Roses - Fools Gold 9.53

6 Likes

Not only is that one of my favourite tracks, I now want a VU meter like the old days :grinning:

1 Like

Don’t laugh… a trip back to the 80s. Ghostbusters Original Soundtrack.

I guess the Top Gun soundtrack should be next :joy:

2 Likes

Looks better on the new kit, lol.

6 Likes

Ahh… but it’ll still sound great :+1:t2:

I have the Fools Gold 9.53 on vinyl…. Shame I don’t have a deck anymore!

My fairly crispy copy of this epic album, probably bought around the time it came out.

13 Likes

Led Zeppelin, III. :relaxed:

23 Likes

Now Playing…

Djabe - The Magic Stag

Tamás Barabás (Bass Guitar), Péter Kaszás (Drums, Vocals), Áron Koós-Hutás (Flugelhorn, Trumpet), Steve Hackett (Guitar), Attila Égerházi (Guitar, Percussion) and János Nagy (Keyboards ).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Djabe which was mentioned a few days ago and taking out for a spin and enjoying the music!

2 Likes

Noooo! What a shame. The difference between stream v vinyl is enormous sometimes. The Rush vinyl I am playing right now is a classic example. :grinning:

1 Like

John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers. Diary of a band volumes 1 and 2.
John and some of the best British blues musicians of the time produce one of my favourite live albums.

10 Likes

In memory of Christine Perfect (McVie)……loved the Shack her vocals and her keyboard skills. R.I.P

16 Likes

Fantastic albums

Love the chat - “pass me my brown trousers would you”

1 Like

Alela Diane, looking glass. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Yes Bevo there are some quite funny moments but the quality of playing is exceptional. I especially like the guitar solos of Mick Taylor that are punctuated with the interview of John and Keef.
Great cover too😎

Moving on to the great UK blues of John Mayall

7 Likes

14 Likes

Picked this out of the box at Random( I put them back on one side of the enclosed booklet so I can remember what I’ve played :crazy_face:)

13 Likes