What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Public Service Broadcasting, Inform - Educate - Entertain. :relaxed:

7 Likes

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem - Souvenance: Music for Oud, Quartet and String Orchestra

Anouar Brahem (Oud), François Couturier (Piano), Klaus Gesing (Bass Clarinet), Björn Meyer (Bass) and Pietro Mianiti (Orchestra della Svizzera Italiana).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with one of my favorite albums from Anouar. Love this album and, as always, it is sounding sublime! It is simply beautiful…

7 Likes

Hi Alan, sadly I’ve had a bit of a blip. I’ve been getting breathless for a few days, I had a blood test yesterday, saw the GP this afternoon and my kidney functions are impaired as well as infection markers. Further tests in hospital showed the same plus some minor anomalies in an ECG. So I’m in overnight to have some fluids for the kidneys and antibiotics for the infection, and a CT scan and further bloods scheduled for the morning.

8 Likes

Hope it’s a very brief blip Eoin :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Keep positive……hope u are home soon👍

3 Likes

Hope this blip is overcome and more importantly the last. Take care :heart:

3 Likes

RIP Songbird

20 Likes

@Gazza @Anonymoot it’s reassuring to see posts of one of our most influential musicians.:+1:

2 Likes

2nd Lucky dip out of the Miles Davis box

11 Likes

Sorry to hear that Eoin, but obviously in the right place for some care and attention. All the best
Alan

2 Likes

Fingers crossed for some decent, anxiety relieving, test results tomorrow. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Lisa Mills, the triangle. :relaxed:

7 Likes

Really enjoying this, great atmospheric recording.

9 Likes

Rory Gallagher - Calling Card.

12 Likes

s-l400
On original vinyl celebrating the rare talent of Miss Perfect.

13 Likes

Finishing the evenings listening with a slight change of mood

8 Likes

Hope you are fighting fit soon fella, look after y’self :+1:

1 Like

For sure! Currently watching the great man 1970 - The Train on Youtube :grinning:

1 Like

Some consolation in knowing that every “snap, crackle & pop” is an illustration of your life with this record😊

1 Like

Sometimes ‘crispyness’ is king. Played it back-to-back with the undergound cable/over the ether version. There is no contest. Peart’s drumming is lost somehow in our sophisticated new ways of listening.

1 Like