What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I loved it! Think this will get played a lot over the next few months.

Thanks for the recommendations. Going to keep me busy.

At present, the largest amount of albums I have for any one artist is 10. That goes to ‘The Rolling Stones’.

At this rate, ‘Chet Baker’ is going to overtake them quite quickly. Can I do that to Mick and the boys :thinking: :joy:

I only came to Iggy’s album much later after learning about their collaboration. Going to give The Idiot a go again this week as I’ve not listened to it in years, and IIRC, I never really took to it at the time so it’ll be interesting to listen again so soon after The Dame’s x 3

As an aside, due to limited funds as a student I only bought the three Berlin albums secondhand when they came in stock at Wax Factor (Brighton), so I never listened to them in correct order - Heroes, Lodger and then quite a gap before I got my paws on Low. Prob why I favour Heroes over the others as I did play that album a lot.

2 Likes

Norah Jones - I Dream of Christmas Deluxe
CD|2022

2CD set

8 Likes

Schubert. Vinyl.

" The String Quartet No. 14 in D minor , D 810, known as Death and the Maiden , is a piece by Franz Schubert that has been called “one of the pillars of the chamber music repertoire. It was composed in 1824, after the composer suffered a serious illness and realized that he was dying.”

"

4 Likes

Michael Moorcock & The Deep Fix - Live at the Terminal Café- WAV CD rip
Country rock concept album from the science fiction and fantasy master, the Deep Fix is a different lineup from their 1975 space-rock incarnation. It’s an excellent album with lyrics based on a Moorcock trilogy, good growling vocals from Moorcock and pounding hard rock country rhythms.

@Ian2001 @crispyduck Moorcock’s other sideline.

4 Likes

Real good work!

10 Likes

On CD:-

51Dgw181IpL._AC_1

Sting - If On A Winter’s Night…

9 Likes

14 Likes

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water.

28 Likes

Haydn. Symphony 44 and 45. Vinyl. Relaxing before the stress of watching football.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Maybe Dennis and Christine McVie are harmonising together again.
download (1)

1 Like

CD ripped to WAV. Before we go out. Just might be my favourite of theirs.

20 Likes

BB has a unique spot in my Stones’ hierarchy - I love the acoustic nature of many of the tunes.

4 Likes

Detectorists always comes to mind when I see this LP.

4 Likes

The Yes Album | 1971
Out with a fine old prog’ banger this evening.

18 Likes

18 Likes

‘Peaches: The Very Best of The Stranglers’ - The Stranglers

Raising a toast to Jet Black. I love their early-80s era most of all - superb singles ‘Strange Little Girl’, ‘Golden Brown’, ‘European Female’, ‘Skin Deep’, ‘Always the Sun’ - all inventive and wonderful.

11 Likes

15 Likes

Yes | Fragile | 1971 / 2019
Vintage Yes and '71 was a very good year. This hi-res MoFi is paying it great respect.

22 Likes