What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I thiught I was the only one with a copy. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Dread… :+1:

Not often I meet a Moondog fan :+1:
Did you manage to get a copy of this?

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure…but I trust the seller (she’s one of my favourites) so…May go for it.

No the first and last of my Moondog albums I’m afraid. It is good but it represents a time in my life when I was trying out many things. :slight_smile:

1 Like

4 Likes

Possibly the next best to an original Chess?

1 Like

What a coincidence, I was browsing Honest Jons online just now and saw Moondog who I know little of and piqued my curiosity.

1 Like

Curiosity Killed the Cat. 1st Album ( out of two). It entered the charts at number 1 in 1987 apparently. My wife must have bought this back in the day. To be fair, a lot of the songs are good, 80s splashy production, and nowhere on the sleeve or cover does it give the names of the band members. Very odd.

2 Likes

Well, if you find a copy…you may like it. It’s a selection of his madrigals (Moondog plays only bass drum on it), pretty short but beautifully put together. Nothing like the album on CBS.

Lol, I never grew out of that phase apart from I decided moderately quickly what didn’t interest me!

2 Likes

I can help you. The lead singer was Ben Vol-au-vent Parrot (according to Smash Hits). :grinning:

1 Like

Sorry to but in, anything here any good…

1 Like

I’ve just looked it up, blimey, you are nearly right. :rofl:

1 Like

Their best album?

Never got to see The Jam, but did see ‘From the Jam’ live just before the pandemic, and they played this album in its entirety.

6 Likes

the-rolling-stones-totally-stripped
The Rolling Stones - Totally Stripped, a live album recorded at club dates in London, Paris and Amsterdam. The music is fine, the mastering less so, such a pity.

9 Likes

I have Viking and More…I thought I had On The Streets Of NY but can’t find it…so thanks for the link, Dread!

PS I think you can still find copies of the album I played above - his first big release.

1 Like

I’ve just done a search on Amazon and its there along with many, many others. I hadn’t realised he was so prolific. I shall give some a listen over the next few weeks.

1 Like

All Mod Cons imo
:heart:

J.J. Cale - Naturally

17 Likes

Thanks Bruss!
I never thought to look on Amazon, and I never knew of the Deutsch Grammofon disc…ordered!

I’ve never seen a copy of Moondog 2, ‘in the wild’ as I think the American collectors say…I don’t have it :woozy_face:

Maybe I’ve just never looked hard enough…too many other competing must- haves!

1 Like