What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

On vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Septet - John Carroll Kirby

1 Like

On vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :grinning:

13 Likes

Lonnie Liston Smith and The Cosmic Echoes - Cosmic Funk (Tidal/Ace)

100000x100000-999
:heart:

3 Likes

James Blood Ulmer - Memphis Blood: The Sun Sessions

7 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

28 Likes

John Grant - The Boy From Michigan, the wonderful Mr Grant’s superb new album. If you like the past offerings then this is more of the same, but with a distinct 80s synth influence,

7 Likes

Detroit Mix vinyl from the 40th Anniversary set.

Nuff said.

25 Likes

Afraid I have to agree Dread - Fyah was excellent but this has too much parping under non-descript rap. Theon you’re better than this lad!

1 Like

St. Paul and The Broken Bones - Sea of Noise

4 Likes

Pink Floyd - Meddle, on vinyl… :+1:t3: :notes: :sunglasses:

28 Likes

Elvis Presley, Golden Records. Vol. 3. Qobuz. Uniti Nova.

5 Likes

Tom Petty - Wild Flowers. Yet another example of his brilliance with this lovely album.

21 Likes

Conflict - John Carroll Kirkby

2 Likes

Miles Davis - On The Corner (Tidal/Sony)

20220207_155223
:heart:

14 Likes

The Whitmore Sisters - Ghost Stories

3 Likes

I did wonder what you might make of it being a fan of Ill Considered and this featuring their drummer (forgot his name) who also produced it I think

This is slightly disappointing, in that it’s not the revelation I was expecting… I’m not sure how much better it is than the old '90s Classic 200g pressing I have. That said, the cymbals are terrific, and Side Two is better than Side One…

15 Likes

@TheKevster - this is a genuine question and not being awkward but what is the limit to how much remastering can be done to something recorded 63 years ago? I genuinely have no idea but presumably there are the master tapes which are what they are?