What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Such a great talent but down to circumstances, mostly the fight with his record company, he never really fulfilled his potential. Some great albums and shows over the years though.

1 Like

81R-3FaeK+L.AC_UY436_QL65

Listening to this again on CD, sounds so good even on my entry level CD5X… :+1: :notes: :grin:
Think I might have to get a AP vinyl copy!! :sunglasses: 33 or 2x 45rpm??? :thinking:

20 Likes

Just watched the excellent BBC 2 rockumentary Songbird about Christine McVie and thought I might give this a spin.

Buckingham McVie

By all accounts this is a Fleetwood Mac album excluding Stevie Nicks who was doing other stuff apparently but the album sounds great and the production is top notch which I think in the main is down to Lyndsey Buckingham, shame they sacked him.

14 Likes

The Carpenters, love songs. Yes, I play The Carpenters too often, but Pink Martini made me do it with the track Sing. :innocent:

Ahem, it’s just an excuse because this album doesn’t have the song Sing. But I need to be in love is said to be Karen’s fav. :relaxed:

12 Likes

Now playing…

Stevie Wonder’s - Journey Through The Secret Life of Plants

Stevie Wonder (Harmonica, Keyboards, Shekere, Synthesizer, Vocals, Voices), John Taro Akiyama (Vocals), Gordon Bahary (Synthesizer), Shirley Brewer (Vocals), Ben Bridges (Guitar, Sitar), Alexandra Brown (Vocals), Ibrahim Camara (Bells, Congas, Djembe, Drums, Bass Drums, Jimbae, Percussion, Vocals), Kathy Collier (Vocals), Dennis Davis (Drums, Syndrum), Earl DeRouen (Bongos, Congas, Vocals), John Fischbach (Synthesizer), Larry Gittens (Trumpet), Susaye Greene Brown (Vocals), Marva Holcolm (Vocals), Masaki Hori (Vocals), Kimie Linda Ishibashi (Vocals), Josie James (Vocals), Joe Johnson (African Bells. Vocals), Ron Kersey (Fender Rhodes, Keyboards), Lamine Konte (Kora, Percussion, Vocals), Hiroaki Kuwabara (Vocals), Takeshi Kuwabara (Vocals), Takaya Matsuda (Vocals), Kathleen Minagawa (Vocals), Takako Nagumo (Vocals), Hikaru Nishida (Vocals), Gary Olazabal (Synthesizer), Hank Redd (Saxophone), Isaiah Sanders (Vocals), Michael Sembello (Guitar, Vocals), Abdoulaye Soumare (Vocals), Clark Spangler (Synthesizer), Satoshi Sugimoto (Vocals), Takeshi Sugimoto (Vocals), Syreeta (Vocals), Tsuyoshi Tanguchi (Vocals), Junko Taniguchi (Vocals), Tata Vega (Vocals), Nathan Watts (Bass, Vocals), Angela Winbush (Vocals), Bill Wolf (Synthesizer) and Rick Zunigar (Guitar, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (196/24)… continuing on this afternoon with my exercises and a album released in the late 70’s from Stevie and the music is sounding mighty fine on this cold, damp and gray afternoon!

15 Likes

Tina Turner, Private Dancer. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

15 Likes

Shades of Blue: Madlib Invades Blue Note.
One of the very best of this sub-genre.

5 Likes

Tends to get forgotten in the wake of Marquee Moon. Love this album - the guitars of Lloyd and Verlaine are wonderful.

15 Likes

And to finish the evening….

And then it will be goodnight from me….

30 Likes

John Williams - ‘Travelling’ (1978) on vinyl. Bought this at the ‘Raves’ shop closing down sale in Warminster last summer. One of that great treasure trove in the basement! This album is from that period of John Williams opus just before Sky which started in 1979. The album contains the track ‘From the Top’ which was used as the theme music to ‘Heart of the Matter’ an ethics programme on BBC1 which went out late night on Sundays. Hearing it again after all these years made me think of having to be ready for school in the morning!

5 Likes
3 Likes

Been flat out like a lizard drinking and had little chance to listen to anything for the last few days. Thankfully got a bit of time today. Lou Reed/John Caleb’s tribute to Any Warhol, Songs For Drella.

13 Likes

There is a great clip of John Williams and Pete Townshend at the Secret Policeman’s Ball or Other Ball doing an acoustic version of Won’t Get Fooled Again.

3 Likes

1 Like

Junior and Buddy Live in Japan

11 Likes

81M-WReIQLL.SS500
Alvin Youngblood Hart - Territory.

7 Likes

It’s great isn’t it. I’ve got the vinyl version somewhere, a 12” inch EP type of thing.

1 Like

Inventive & exuberant to the end, the last Beasties studio LP.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Whenever I raid the piggy bank to upgrade my RP3, this will be the vinyl I take in for a demo … sounds fabulous. Radiohead 2007.

18 Likes