What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

A bit of top notch English modern jazz (?) from Portico Quartet - Monument

2 Likes

Hi,just listened,yes shades of early Bowie,some really interesting tracks,especially like the use of horns,sounds pretty good,thanks for tip off.

1 Like

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Outtakes (Tidal/Brubeck Edition)

Prompted by @GeoffC

More than just barrel scraping off cuts, this stands as a really good alternative version of the classic Time Out album.

20220208_121530
:heart:

15 Likes

Earl Klugh… Late Night Guitar. Vinyl. Grammy nominated and very pleasant, but I think I am falling aslee…

R-4512994-1464065614-9602

2 Likes

Lee Morgan - The Cooker

This album really cooks…

9 Likes

Monty Alexander In Tokyo / 2004 OJC / US CD / OJCCD10982

3 Likes

Red Book CD ripped to WAV.

Probably my favourite female vocalist. I wish she was able to record 20 studio albums. :pensive: :cry:

20 Likes

John McLaughlin - Industrial Zen

7 Likes

The Tone Poet LP is well worth checking if you havent already :+1:

Thanks for the reminder, but I have the CD, which sounds exceptionally good through the network player, so don’t see a need to buy another copy.

Please yourself! :joy:

The wonderful Annette Peacock…finally got a copy of this album.

3 Likes

Red Book CD ripped to WAV

18 Likes

The Comet Is Coming - Channel The Spirits 2016 Special Edition (Tidal/Leaf Label)

I have vinyl at home but this special edition adds a second disc of extra’s
Shabaka Hutchings, Dan Leavers, Maxwell Hallet weave Jazz, Funk, Afrobeat, synths and cosmic Hawkwind like vibes, doesnt take itself too seriously so the result is upbeat and involving.

20220208_140222

5 Likes

Michael Franks blue pacific / 1990 Reprise / Japan Promo CD / WPCP3596

The three Walter Becker produced tracks on this are truly wonderful.

6 Likes

I can imagine fans of Public Service Broadcasting - Race For Space maybe liking this :thinking:

2 Likes

Genesis - ‘Duke’ (1980). This was the last album with any prog overtones I think. I like this transitional period from ‘Trick of the Tail’ through to ‘Duke’ where the group still had prog tendencies but sadly they were decreasing markedly. Not keen on the thinned out sound and the short pop songs of ‘Abacab’ (1981) which follows although I quite like ‘Three Sides Live’ (1982) which includes some of ‘Abacab’ and some of the material from the great days….’One for the Vine’, ‘The Fountain of Salmacis’ etc. ‘Duke’ came out in my first year at University and one of my contemporaries was a Genesis fan who had moved with the times and liked ‘Abacab’. He couldn’t understand why I hadn’t. Still haven’t!!

19 Likes

Sinister Cutlery, State Of Fear. It’s very good - came to it via a friend of a friend on Band Camp and am finding it quite entertaining, esp after a few listens.

John Mayall. The Turning point.
No lead guitar,No drums, but excellent change of direction. Budding bass players should check out track 5 “California “

9 Likes

:wink: :wink: