What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Some fantastic guitar work from Monnette on this 1978 gem (on CD):

6 Likes

Drawn to this discovery by a positive review in this month’s HFN (other hifi magazines are available).

A Norwegian four piece rock band who bounce along very nicely.

Just the job on this gawd awful Yorkshire afternoon.

2 Likes

Best of all…No Clapton! :grin:

1 Like

Nice one - my copy is in the loft with the rest of the vinyl but I did make a very good CDR which i ripped.

I think this is pretty much the catalogue apart from Live in Paris and another Live album from Italy.

1 Like

Hector Plimmer - Sunshine (Tidal/Alberts Favourites)

Tidal auto select dropped this on me…
Ambient noodling, what sounds like synthesised bird sounds…
Bulb reminds me a lot of Massive Attack (good)…
Conga percussion, drones, what sounds like someone plinking a glass

That’s just the first three tracks. Av’nt a clue! :joy:

20220208_153845
It gets worse
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz
:heart:

1 Like

Follow up to the brilliant ‘Damn the Torpedoes’. ‘Hard Promises’ is almost as good.

Released in Spring '81, the original had a tribute to John Lennon, etched into the run out groove: “WE LOVE YOU JL”

15 Likes

Another one from the collection inspired by Saturday nights excellent Song Bird rockumentary

Fleetwood Mac - Tango In The Night

This is the 1987 release from the band and the one released just before Buckingham left the fold for the first time.
This is on original vinyl and it still amazes me how good a piece of black plastic can sound on a half decent system.

27 Likes

A bit of Grant Green instead…

Grant Green - The Latin Bit (Tidal/Blue Note)

20220208_155805

Hang on!.. Tidal only has two tracks…Swizz!

7 Likes

Thanks Andy! Thought I had most of her albums…
Oh well, the first 5 I’ve still to find then :woozy_face:

1 Like

Good Luck - I think you can pick up a CD (as CD only release) of 31:31 for around £175 nowadays.

What we need is Ms Peacock to get off her delectable btm and start a catalogue reissue.

1 Like

Amon Duul II. Best of 1969 to 99. CD. Was sent this as a freebie when ordering CDs on Amazon. Not played it before. I read that it is some sort of Proggy Kraut Rock. It might take some effort to get to the end.

61BVjSiSwoL.AC_SY450

5 Likes

@Collywobbles

Archangels Thunderbird… you’ll love it!

They had some great songs, and some noodling tbh but overall: win win!

2 Likes

Ok, I shall play it through and then play Archangel Thunderbird again. Some of it is certainly a bit different.

1 Like

Patrick Moraz The Story Of i / Virgin / UK CD / 724383954124

This earlier issue sounds much more natural than the 2006 remaster that I have, despite the newer CD having more volume and detail, an opportunity missed.

7 Likes

Brinsley and Co livening up what is now a dull arvo with rhythms harmonies and horns on for me their best album New Chapter. Tuff We Tuff indeed! On CBS vinyl.

5 Likes

I found his 10 CD collection a few years ago in HMV

Never saw the programes unfortunately

6 Likes

Bought in 1989

3 Likes

Vivaldi Gloria - Qobuz

My wife’s other choir is singing this next term with a come and sing also at Standish Church Gloucestershire. Any budding singers among you.

A bit of Baroque without the Roll!

Phil

4 Likes

Something to start the evening off…

5 Likes

Most of the way through my second listen, I think it will get some regular playing. AT is a good track and really enjoyed Nada Moonshine first time through.

1 Like