What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

It will take an ardent Smiths fan to spot what this is?

3 Likes

Finally I know who it is in your avatar! For some years I had thought it was you!

2 Likes

Now playing…

Scott Fagen - South Atlantic Blues

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @AndyP above had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin. I could not recall Scott’s music from the 60’s and seeing if any memories are jolted. First couple of tracks and no recall of the songs but finding the music easy going and helping to ease me into the day…
Since I did not know anything about Scott I did a search and found a nice background story in the Guardian which was a nice read.

3 Likes

Shoplifters?

2 Likes

Shadow Work - Mammal Hands

2 Likes

14 Likes

Indeed! Not the mis-pressed one with a totally different A side (unfortunately)

4 Likes

Remember Shakti - The Believer

5 Likes

Good call @BlueCanary
Now I’m home I think I will join you…

Aswad - Hulet (Island/Grove Music 1979)

:heart:

3 Likes

Dont like Morrissey but I “like” the title

1 Like

Allman Brothers. Live. 3x CD. I really like this and an amazing band line up .

13 Likes

Always liked Anais and her new release is very good.

6 Likes

Love Allmans , nice post. I’ll have to get that one.
Dave

1 Like

There is a beautiful version of Van Morrison’s " Into the Mystic" on this album. They have a number of different live albums with nearly identical covers.

1 Like

That’s excellent! It’s funny, I’m not a big Van fan, but Into The Mystic is not only my favourite Van tune, it’s also one of my all-time favourite songs from anyone. That’ll be good to hear …

Ten Years After | Watt | 1970
Steaming hot guitar from Alvin on the opener, one my favourite TYA.

11 Likes

Like the first album by Aswad which I listen to quite a bit. I have on CD and will get vinyl if I see it.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Daniel Lanois: For the Beauty of Wynona. Its a Cracker.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Donald Fagen - Sunken Condos

Donald Fagen (Clavinet, Fender Rhodes, Hammond B3, Melodica, Mixing, Piano, Prophet 5, Vocals, Wurlitzer), Larry Campbell (Rhythm Guitar), Earl Cooke Jr. (Drums), William Galison (Bass Harmonica, Harmonica), Aaron Heick (Bass Flute), Jon Herington (12 String Guitar, Rhythm Guitar), Carolyn Leonhart (Vocal Ad-Libs, Vocals), Jamie Leonhart (Vocals), Jay Leonhart (Acoustic Bass), Michael Leonhart (Accordion, Clavinet, Fender Rhodes, Flugelhorn, Glockenspiel, Hammond B3, Horn Arrangements, Mellophone, Mellophonium, Mellotron, Mini Moog, Mixing, Organ, Percussion, Prophet 5, Roland Juno 6, Screams, Trombonium, Trumpet, Vibraphone, Vocals, Wurlitzer), Joe Martin (Acoustic Bass), Cindy Mizelle (Vocals), Charlie Pillow (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Bass Flute, Tenor Saxophone), Harlan Post (Bass), Jim Pugh (Trombone), Roger Rosenberg (Bass Clarinet, Baritone Saxophone), Kurt Rosenwinkel (Guitar), Catherine Russell (Vocals), Lincoln Schleifer (Bass), Gary Sieger (Guitar), Antoine Silverman (Violin), Freddie Washington (Bass) and Walt Weiskopf (Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… after running a couple of errands, I am continuing on this morning with this fabulous album from Donald Fagen and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

17 Likes