What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

One of the things about being at school in the 70’s (probably 60’s as well) was you could ponce around with a bunch of albums under your arm.

18 Likes

Brand X - ‘Livestock’ (1977). Not a 1970s heavy rock live album but an inventive and atmospheric UK instrumental Jazz Rock live album. I have listened to this regularly since it came out. Brand X always amaze me with how different versions of the same track are so interesting, not completely different but with surprising twists. For example the versions of ‘Malaga Virgen’ and ‘Euthanasia Waltz’ on this album compared with the studio versions. Also most of this live album is not available in studio versions!

4 Likes

71GhwuaWVzL.SS500
Ry Cooder - Show Time.

12 Likes

Always a pleasure when a great album has a great cover.

Love this image - the magnificent XTC with ‘Black Sea’, produced by Steve Lillywhite and engineered by Hugh Padgham…

xtc

12 Likes

Mahavishnu Orchestra Live - ‘Between Nothingness and Eternity’ (1973). Those were the days, only three tracks. ‘Dream’ takes up the whole of side 2 on vinyl and is a classic. Slow build up to high energy Jazz Rock!! Studio versions of this material did not surface until ‘The Lost Trident Sessions’ in 1999 after being in the vaults for 26 years! Terrific stuff.

7 Likes

Always thought it weird how Phil Collins was in Brand X and Genesis at the same time?

2 Likes

Pre release. Bob is over 90 years old and The Headcutters are a brilliant blues band from Brazil

3 Likes

Folder

5 Likes

Internet Radio
Jazz - WRTI 90.1 Jazz (Philadelphia, USA)

Wonderful as ever.
This is one of my favourite Internet jazz stations.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Boz Scaggs - Fade Into Light

Boz Scaggs (Vocals, Drum Programming, Guitar, Keyboards), Roscoe Beck (Bass), Kevin Bents Piano), Curt Bisquera (Drums, Percussion), Dave Carpenter (Bass), Nathan East (Bass), Ricky Fataar (Drums, Percussion),Robben Ford (Guitar), James “Hutch” Hutchinson (Bass), Booker T. Jones (Organ), Jim Keltner (Drums),Randy Kerber (Keyboards, Piano, String Arrangements, String Conductor), Kathy Merrick (Background Vocals), Michael Rodriguez (Drum Programming, Keyboards), William McLeish Smith (Organ), Norbert Stachel (Saxophone), Neil Stubenhaus (Bass), Fred Tackett (Guitar) and Jai Winding (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon and taking out Boz and a host of friends with his fantastic album “Fade Into Light” and he and the band are sounding sublime! One very sweet album…

16 Likes

Diana Krall - Turn Up The Quiet.

14 Likes

One of my all time favourites. Have been known to play it from start to finish in my head when invigilating exams, to pass the time.

1 Like

Carole Kings 80th birthday today, Tapestry is probably in most peoples top 10 albums of all time.

33 Likes

Fanny Lumsden Fallow.

2 Likes

Kasey Chambers The Captain

9 Likes

You can see Lucinda is still unsure of her voice since she recovered from the stroke she had last November but great version nonetheless. David Grissom on guitar.

11 Likes

Yes, all Aswad’s earlier albums are essential UK Reggae, shame that later they went a bit too far with the commercial crossover sound.
Always great Live too…

:heart:

3 Likes

Kev, I guess that as the existing Classic Records metalwork was used, any improvement over that one was going to be fairly marginal, if at all, and everything would boil down to the pressing and the vinyl being used.

My own copy has arrived but I’ve yet to crack it open as I’ve been up in London since last week and only just powered up the system again yesterday. I’ll give it a whirl soon.

3 Likes

Star Rise - Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan/Michael Brook (wonderfully) Remixed

5 Likes

Ministry Of Sound the chillout session ibiza sunsets / 2003 MOS / UK CD x 2 / MOSCD68

Starting a busy day with some chillout tracks by Talk Talk, Nightmares On Wax, Chicane, Aphex Twin, Happy Mondays, The Stone Roses, Groove Armada, The Orb, The Beloved, The Future Sound Of London and others.

9 Likes