What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Lucinda Williams, west. Thanks @ewemon. This album and song - are you alright comes to mind immediately. All the very best to Lucinda Williams. :pray:

16 Likes

Why does it need to be remastered?

I could happily live with a mint reissue of the original, but I’ve been impressed by the SQ of some of the remasters within the Paul McCartney Archive Collection - ‘Tug of War’ and ‘Pipes of Peace’ especially. Macca has remastered and reissued several albums over the last decade. A shout out for the inclusion of ‘Back to the Egg’ from me.

1 Like

Hi Richard @TheKevster
Do you have either of the Classic 1995 or the later Classic Quiex pressings.
I have the 1995, as you will know I havent been shy in expressing my scepticism over the UHQR, in my view it’s a repackaged and hyped repressing of the Classic, ok its different insofar as “Clarity vinyl”, flat profile, finebuilt press blah blah…
However, recently looking at the asking prices these days for those Classic pressings, if one doesn’t have those (or decent originals of course, notwithstanding the pitch anomoly), then I can see that the UHQR could be considered as an alternative.

I wonder if Chad, being aware of those Classic prices, has seen a commercial opportunity here to capitalise on his investment in the assets of Classic Records, fair enough, but the hyperbole in this context is more a case of marketing imo

Remember Shakti - Saturday Night in Bombay

5 Likes

Aoife O’Donovan, in the magic hour solo sessions. Not happy just had a late night work call for well over an hour! Looking for some magic here to put me back into a good place. 😮‍💨

6 Likes

Dave Valentin World On A String / 2005 / HighNote / US CD / HCD7141

3 Likes

Fleetwood Mac, tango in the night. :relaxed:

21 Likes

Goldfrapp, number 1. :blush:

9 Likes

Do you know if this will be released, Ewe?

This is sounding incredible from my nSATs - how is it even possible that such small speakers can kick out such a big wall of sound? :thinking::flushed:

Oh; great album by the way…

12 Likes

Cara Dillon, wanderer. :relaxed:

10 Likes

A wonderful singer backed up by the Metropole Orkestra.

4 Likes

610lhA8rVBL._AC_SY450_1

This was a popular album on this forum some years ago…sounding superb on vinyl this morning.

5 Likes

Don’t think it will Nigel unless they wait a couple of months and release it as part of a Deluxe version of the latest album due out this week.

1 Like

71Q7SJKVUVL.AC_SX425
Double cd set

12 Likes

If you’d like to learn more about the legendary Sister Ignatius and Alpha Boys School (now Alpha Institute)

book-623x438

:heart:

2 Likes

Pat Metheny & Lyle Mays - As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls

Original vinyl. It’s been some time since I last played this. As I’ve just put the next album on and increased the volume, I realise I was playing this one with the volume set too low.

12 Likes

Great atmospherics and sound quality here.

2 Likes

Pat Metheny Group - Offramp

Original vinyl. My favourite Pat Metheny album for sure. I saw him performing Are You Going With Me from this album on the Old Grey Whistle Test, so bought the album. Then I saw him at the Hammersmith Odeon on the Offramp tour - one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to.

14 Likes