What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Chicane far from the maddening crowd / 2007 Modena / UK CD / MODENACD2

3 Likes

I have a beat up copy of this 1966 single. The cover of the Beatles track is unremarkable, but it has a great B-side: ‘Mighty Morris Ten’ – a Roger Glover composition, a sort of English reimagination of Route 66 with West Coast surf. The band sing merrily about "…burning up the inside lane ‘down the Harrow Road.” Members Ian Gillan and Roger Glover left to join Deep Purple in 1969.

5 Likes

Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising. A delightful chamber pop offering from a couple of years ago, which garnered glowing reviews at the time.

8 Likes

Feels like a sound installation when played in surround mode. Beck and Nigel Godrich made something special here. Songs great too, of course. Always helps.

12 Likes

Agreed. This is a very good album indeed.

Happy 80th Birthday Carole King! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born Carol Joan Klein on 9th February 1942, in Manhattan, New York City :us:

25 Likes

I posted this great video on the Song of the Day thread back in October 21, so sharing again in celebration of CK’s birthday. Yes, that is James Taylor playing guitar!

Carole King So Far Away

15 Likes

Dee Dee Bridgewater - Memphis Yes I’m Ready (Tidal)

Great Blues n Soul album from 2017 recorded at the Hi Label studios with some of the original Hi Records (Al Green, Anne Peebles) musicians.

:heart:

11 Likes

Allison Moorer - Blood. Recently acquired the memoir which accompanies this album and this inspired me to give this brilliant album another spin.

8 Likes

Not sure if you are aware - Dee Dee Bridgewater’s daughter China Moses is a soul/jazz singer and currently presents a regular radio show at 10pm weeknights on Jazz FM. Always an interesting and wide music selection, whenever I have listened.

3 Likes

61OtuKN6IoL._AC_SX450_1

The sun shining here in Sheffield and so is this record. (Vinyl).

5 Likes

Great! The vinyl pressing even re creates the infamous backward John Lennon is dead voice in the ring out groove

1 Like

No I wasnt, but I am now, thanks :+1:

1 Like

Mekons - Exquisite - 16/44 download
Newish release, country/folk/rockabilly/punk, chaotic surreal beautiful music.

4 Likes

Driving the cab along the Hi-way…

Ann Peebles - I Cant Stand The Rain (Tidal/Hi)

145081-anne-peebles-i-cant-stand-the-rain

Just as well, as its glorious blue sky n sunshine ere, feeling good!

Followed by…

Al Green - Let’s Stay Together (Tidal/Hi)

20220209_154928

15 Likes

Freddie Hubbard Hub Cap / 2003 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724354230226

11 Likes

Beautiful music !

2 Likes

Alison Krauss & Robert Plant - Raise The Roof, loving this, I know it’s had mixed reviews, but I’m thoroughly enjoying it.

21 Likes

James Blood Ulmer - Odyssey

5 Likes

Really great interpretation of the original, I absolutely love it. On green vinyl.

11 Likes