What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Morph the Cat. Fagen. CD. Up there with most Steely Dan stuff imho.

20 Likes

Ravi Shankar’s Concerto for Sitar & Orchestra/Shankar/Previn.

5 Likes

71rKjL-5SnL.SS500
5 trax due out March

11 Likes

Blue Note Classic vinyl:

15 Likes

cover

3 Likes

6 Likes

cover (1)

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

This arrived today. First play on my SACD player. Wow!

EMI Signature Series, remastered in 2012 by Abbey Road Studios. They certainly know what they are doing :grin:

Oh, a beautiful piece of music too imo.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Carole King - Tapestry

Carole King (Keyboards, Piano, Vocals), Curtis Amy (Flute, Soprano Saxophone), David Campbell (Viola), Merry Clayton (Vocals), Terry King (Cello), Russ Kunkel (Drums), Charles Larkey (Bass), Joni Mitchell (Vocals), Joel O’Brien (Drums), Ralph Schuckett (Electric Piano), Barry Socher (Violin), Perry Steinberg (Bass), James Taylor (Guitar (Acoustic Guitar) and [Julia Tillman (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @Debs above that is was Carole’s 80th Birthday and needed to join the celebration! What a voice and fantastic album and music from my late teenage years… Love you Carole!

30 Likes

23 Likes

Looks great. Is the SACD stereo only or multi-channel, can I ask?

From Ravi via a slice of A Hard Day’s Night to some American formed ragas.
Transcendence and abstraction, sublime.
Requia - John Fahey

5 Likes

Now playing…

Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly

Roberta Flack (Piano, Vocals), Ron Carter (Bass), Ralph MacDonald (Congas, Percussion, Tambourine), Kermit Moore (Cello), and Grady Tate (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… continuing on this morning with a pre-celebration of Roberta’s birthday which will be tomorrow February 10th and she will be celebrating her 85th! Love you Roberta and love your music, another popular influence during my late teenage/early 20’s years…

22 Likes

Hi Charles

It is Stereo only.

The hardback book/sleeve the two discs come in is beautiful, a real “pride of ownership” feeling.

Just played the Red Book CD layer I ripped earlier in WAV on my main system. It’s wonderful.

1 Like

Conversations From a Long Marriage on R4.

Joanna and Roger can’t sleep…

1 Like

Thanks Andy. Absolutely excellent from “Monica Bellucci’s arm candy.”

Listening to Classic FM at the Movies on internet radio on my ‘1st gen Atom HE’ aka UnitiQute BT set to no speakers and driving Sennheiser HD800s cans.

Perfectly excellent way to pass an evening.

ATB, J

2 Likes

Just dug out Livestock - forgot how brilliant they were.

Great band and of course Robin Lumley related to Joanna and was very briefly a Spider from Mars.

2 Likes