What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

David Bowie - Toy. First play, and I was expecting it to be howler, as it never had a formal release prior. It isn’t, while not his best, it’s still very good Dame!

Slightly disappointed about the 10” vinyl format though, and hopefully a full 12” version may get released at some point.

7 Likes

8142B87uACL.SS500
Gary Moore - How Blue Can You Get, an excellent posthumous release with of course wonderful guitar throughout. I am less enamoured however that they have “thoughtfully” pre-worn the cover :laughing: :laughing:

15 Likes

Carol King, tapestry. Happy birthday! :gift::tada::birthday:

Thanks @Debs. :+1:

25 Likes

Carol King & James Taylor, live at the Trabadour. Tapestry is so great it’s just not enough. Live + James Taylor + Carol King can’t go wrong. :relaxed:

So nice listening to this after tapestry. The obvious maturing of both James & Carol backed by some of their old musos. So much warmth and celebration of their work. :relaxed:

11 Likes

1999 vintage Dame, from the Brilliant Adventure vinyl box set:

15 Likes

Carole King - Tapestry - CBS Nice Price vinyl
One of the towering masterpieces of singer-songwriter music, happy 80th birthday.

27 Likes

Cream. Wheels of fire.
Too short lived iconic supergroup of the 60s.
Originally released as double vinyl of live and studio tracks.

Wonderful.

22 Likes

The Swingle Singers with The Modern Jazz Quartet.

Place Vendome

5 Likes

Spurs v Saints, live on BBC Radio Solent.

Roberta Flack, chapter two. Haven’t played this for some time. Thanks @seakayaker. Joining you on some Roberta Flack magic. :blush:

15 Likes

Sandy Denny - Sandy - early ‘80s vinyl
Great singer-songwriter, great songs and performances.

22 Likes

Now playing…

Foy Vance - Live at Bangor Abbey

Foy Vance (Guitar, Vocals), Arco String Quartet String Section: Kerry Brady (Cello), Kathleen Gillespie (Violin), Clare Hadwen (Violin), Richard Hadwen (Viola) and Paul Hamilton (Drums, Vocals), Michael Keeney (Piano), Colm McClean (Electric Guitar, Pedal Steel, Vocals) and Conor McCreanor (Bass, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… returning home after running a couple of errands and turning to this fantastic album from Foy along with the ‘Arco String Quarter’ and the the band and they are sounding sublime! A cup of coffee and a sandwich while relaxing in the recliner and life is pretty sweet!

10 Likes

Love the picture postcard you throw in the ring of your day👍

1 Like

71r9qAxzNeL.SS500
Clare Teal - Paradisi Carousel.

3 Likes

Bruford - ‘One of a Kind’ (1979). Jazz Rock from the end of the 1970s which I got on vinyl when it first came out. This album is completely instrumental unlike the previous one ‘Feels Good To Me’ which featured Annette Peacock on vocals on some tracks with a jazz fusion instrumental back up. Both albums are excellent with a very classy set of musicians including Dave Stewart also of National Health and Allan Holdsworth. Favourite tracks for me are the title track parts 1 and 2, ‘Five G’ and ‘The Abingdon Chasp’. Related to this are two Annette Peacock albums from around the same time which I didn’t know existed until they were re-released on CD last year. I have these re-releases and they are in my ‘yet to open and listen’ pile.

6 Likes

Now playing…

An Evening with Foy Vance - Live in London

Foy Vance (Guitar, Piano, Ukulele, Vocals), Paul Hamilton (Vocals), Elton John (Vocals) and John Plunkett (Poetry Reading).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Foy he is sounding mighty sweet!

5 Likes

Lingua Ignota All Bitches Die
Profound Lore Records

A powerful, dark album. Can’t see this being in the Forum’s Top 10 anytime soon.

Riveting. A gig with Ignota, Diamanda Galas and Anna von Haussenwollf on the bill would be some evening!

Support act perhaps Swans around their Greed/Holy Money period…

3 Likes

I love this album:

And this is the far superior album cover of the two versions, IMO.

28 Likes

Absolutely agree - great album, great cover.
My favourite Stones album ever.

And for me, it was the start of a 10-year, 10 album run where every release was an absolute home run. Probably the strongest uninterrupted run of album releases ever…IMO of course.

3 Likes